cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Views: 1,895

Question

I received a prompt from Lenovo Vantage to install a critical update for BIOS (update 6KCN43WW). However, I was unable to update the BIOS. The error message said that my OS is version 15603 and cannot be updated. I have tried updating my Windows 10 (64 bit) and restarted the laptop and repeated trying to install the update a few times. Can someone help?

Answer

There was a change in the mainboard specifications at the same time the preloaded OS on the system changed from RS2 to RS3. In short there are two different mainboards, two different BIOSes and two different graphic drivers which are dependent on which OS version the system was released with.

If your system has an installed BIOS version beginning with "2" or "3" the latest BIOS version, at the time of writing, is 6KCN30WW, the AMD VGA driver is 22.19.655.5120 which is linked to from this (out of date) document - it's listed under Important Notice.

If your system has an installed BIOS version commencing with a "4" the latest BIOS version, at the time of writing, is 6KCN43WW, the AMD VGA driver is 23.20.826.1792.A.

To easily discover which BIOS is installed on your system press the Windows button + R, enter  msinfo32  into the text field and click on OK. In the System Information document the BIOS Version/Date should be on row 11.

Was this information helpful?

Contributors