Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V2V
Paper Tape
Views: 1,695
Message 1 of 4

Update BIOS, should I do or not? please help

dear wise guys,

I downloaded a critical update of BIOS (just bought the notebook so is the first set of updates), but after downloading the following message appeared, and i am not sure if i should go ahead and update because it scared me that may be i could not turn the computer on anymore. 

I think, cant the system automatically check whether my pc is V24 or V25 and only offer the update when appropiate?

bios update yes or no.pngTo the message i responded NO and ended no updating the BIOS but can someone help me take a more critical decision? what is that about If flash to V25, or flash to V24... ? thanks in advance... Valeria

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,650
Message 2 of 4

Re: Update BIOS, should I do or not? please help

Hi V2V,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I know where did you download the BIOS firmware? Are you having issue with the laptop? If not, I suggest not to update the BIOS. Also, if you have a Lenovo Vantage installed on your laptop that software will prompt you to update the BIOS firmware. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

V2V
Paper Tape
Views: 1,634
Message 3 of 4

Hi JanGab, in the first day after buying this new computer, i checked for the updates and there were 4 in total 3 optional and one critical, being the critical this one for the bios. Then i went ahead with that thinking it was essential. As you say, the vantage software pre-installed in the computer is the one that prompted me to do so... 

Carson_
What's DOS?
Views: 1,268
Message 4 of 4

Did you end up finding an answer to this? I am having the same problem but with my new Lenovo Ideapad 530s 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors