Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg5_uk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,299
Message 1 of 3

Upgrade hdd to sdd Lenovo Ideapad 305 15IBD

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded or swapped out their hdd for a solid state drive on the Ideapad 305 15IBD?

My specific model number is 80NJ00F5UK, I have been able to find an mSata ssd drive which says its compatible with the 305 IBD, but not the exact model number above.  To be honest Im pretty happy with the performance of the 1TB hdd that i have but just want to confirm whether its possible or not to swap out for an ssd if I wanted to in the future.  The main reason would be to squeeze a bit more battery life, as its one area where the laptop is a bit weak.

mSata SSD

https://www.ipc-computer.eu/notebook-spareparts/lenovo/300-serie/ideapad-305-15ibd-80nj005j/hdd-12

gg5_uk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,254
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade hdd to sdd Lenovo Ideapad 305 15IBD

Update:

I emailed Lenovo support and received a response, as below.  Smiley LOL

I was wanting further clarification on whether the motherboard was compatible and which SSDs are most suitable/compatible.  But I suppose I can just give it a go if/when I decide to try out an SSD.

'Thank you for contacting Lenovo,

If you are able to access the current hard drive then you can swap it for an SSD.'

skoda9635
What's DOS?
Views: 932
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upgrade hdd to sdd Lenovo Ideapad 305 15IBD

I wonder if I can swap DVD-ROM for a case with a SSD. I have one SSD and a case for it but that case is not suitable for my laptop thus I can't put the screw on place and also SSD is not connected to SATA as well because it has different design (the case).

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors