Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tropical365
Punch Card
Views: 174
Message 1 of 5

Urgent! Is this NORMAL??

I have a new 4k Lenovo Ideapad 720s that I got about 2 weeks ago. I have external 4k monitor plugged into this laptop and it works but when I reboot my laptop... the external monitor that is plugged into my laptop with this adpater thing: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/j5create-usb-type-c-to-hdmi-external-video-adapter-white/5930600.p?skuI...

My monitor REFUSES to work unless I remove the HDMI cord and plug it back in. This CANNOT be normal?? I don't recall it doing this before... but now suddenly this is what it's doing. I hope this laptop is not defective!

It also takes a LOT of mouse jiggling and clicking to wake up this laptop from sleep... I never had such experience before.

Tropical365
Punch Card
Views: 171
Message 2 of 5

Re: Urgent! Is this NORMAL??

Well this is weird.... now suddenly it the external monitor does turn on when I reboot, shut down, or wake ulaptop up from sleep. Twitce it did not and forced me to unplug and plu the HDMI cord in again in order to get the laptop to recognize the monitor. Hoping it was just a  glitch.

It is still a bit of a pain to wake laptop from sleep mode. Normally I would literally have to just push any button on keyboard to wake it up.... but with this laptop that does not work I practiclaly have to stone it to death to wake it up!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 146
Message 3 of 5

Hello,
Presuming that you checked for updated drivers and checked your power settings for sleep, etc.. it might be a good idea to call Lenovo Tech Support to see if they can find the problem. Considering that the 720s is just a few weeks old, the tech should be able to check into your warranty and offer options for you.

Regards,

Bugbatter

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Tropical365
Punch Card
Views: 125
Message 4 of 5

@Bugbatterwrote:

Hello,
Presuming that you checked for updated drivers and checked your power settings for sleep, etc.. it might be a good idea to call Lenovo Tech Support to see if they can find the problem. Considering that the 720s is just a few weeks old, the tech should be able to check into your warranty and offer options for you.

Regards,

Bugbatter

Now suddenly it's wokring as it should... maybe it was just a glitch??

I got this Lenovo less than 2 weeks ago... just checked. I certainly won't be delaing with warranty on unit this new... it would be exhchanged but I don't want to go through that hassle again. It's wokring now hopefully it'lll continue thanks.

Tropical365
Punch Card
Views: 122
Message 5 of 5

I forgot to ask... now it wakes up from sleep when I push any key on my keyboard but it takes almost 6 seconds for it to wake up. Is this delay normal?? Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors