Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovo1987
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,727
Message 1 of 4

Want to connect 2 external monitors on a Lenovo ideapad 320-14ISK

Hi,

I'm stuck trying to connect 2 external monitors to my Lenovo ideapad 320-14ISK (S/N: #######). I've got 1 monitor connected through hdmi, that 1 is working. But my laptop isn't detecting the second one which I have connected with a Satechi adapter to my usb-c poort.

I've read that it isn't possible to connect a monitor on this Lenovo laptop through an usb-c poort and even that it isn't possible to connect 2 monitors to this laptop at all!

Can someone help me or tell me if this is true?

Thanks for your help in advance Smiley Happy

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect member from its unwanted use.

Machine Type 80XG
Model:80XG0057MH

apj8av
Paper Tape
Views: 2,619
Message 2 of 4

Re: Want to connect 2 external monitors on a Lenovo ideapad 320-14ISK

I also have this problem, but am using a MOKiN adapter.  Would really appreciate some sort of response!!!

ocguy
What's DOS?
Views: 2,346
Message 3 of 4

Hello! Unfortunately, i've sunk hours into looking into this myself. Did you ever get this resolved? I wouldn't have bought this laptop if i thought that dual monitors were off the table.

Also, curious if anyone has tried the Thinkpad USB 3.0 dock with their Ideapad? Guessing it wouldn't work but thought worth asking. thanks!

Rausan1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,976
Message 4 of 4

I have the same issue, I have gone as far as getting in touch with their online tech support and all they keep saying is its a bandwidth issue and it simply won't support two monitors with high resolution so I have tried to lower my res. to bare minimum and still nothing, I also disabled my laptop screen entirely and used only the external monitor with the hope of detecting the second monitor, still nothing. 

It is the oddest thing ever, I have used some very basic laptops in the past and haven't had issues with multiple displays ..I don't think I would have bought this laptop either if I had known but it would have never in a million years occurred to me to ask about this. Its a basic thing in my opinion.  

~not a happy bunny.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors