Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdl15
Paper Tape
Views: 1,349
Message 1 of 7

WiFi tediosly slow, Ideapad 710S

Hi and hello there,

I just bought a new Ideapad 710S and I absolutely love it. Great design and great performance, except for one thing: WiFi speed. I checked it simultaneously with my phone and old laptop and they both have around 40mb/sec. The laptop manages to get around 15mb/sec.

Now I already updated the drivers (Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165) and windows 10 update, however, this had no effect. Also, when I tried downloading various items it's about half the speed of my old laptop (also running Windows 10).

Any help would be sincerely welcome!!

Thanks in advance and all the best,

Jan

jdl15
Paper Tape
Views: 1,328
Message 2 of 7

Re: WiFi tediosly slow, Ideapad 710S

FYI: I downloaded the latest drivers from the Intel website today..

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,310
Message 3 of 7

@jdl15 wrote:

I just bought a new Ideapad 710S and I absolutely love it. Great design and great performance, except for one thing: WiFi speed. I checked it simultaneously with my phone and old laptop and they both have around 40mb/sec. The laptop manages to get around 15mb/sec.

The user in the following thread had a similar problem with his 310-15IBY:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-310-15ikb-wifi-issues/td...

In his case the problem was the wi-fi router to which he was trying to connect; a new router solved the problem.  Your problem might be different, but it could be worthwhile trying other wi-fi routers (friends, neighbours) to see what speed you get using different router hardware.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

jdl15
Paper Tape
Views: 1,295
Message 4 of 7

Nope, this was certainly not the problem, but I did found out however. I am happy to share it. I was checking the energy management schedule and had a quick peek at advanced settings. I double checked the settings for the adapter of wireless settings and then put the performance of maximum instead of energy saving. That sincerely did the trick!

I also found out that amending the settings for the processor gave me much better sound (instead of stutter while playing MP3's)...

Hope this helped!

ericadyson
What's DOS?
Views: 1,221
Message 5 of 7

Same problem with my brand new 710s .. can't believe the download speed.. just incredibly slow. Never ever ever had a pc this slow.. and this is a hi spec laptop. Help!!!

123amm
What's DOS?
Views: 1,174
Message 6 of 7

Having same issue with 2.4 GHz network. On 5Ghz it works great - but it really looses connections on 2.4 GHz network all the time. All the others use the same network and it works fine for them.  They have 20Mb download speed, I have 3Mb - if I do not looose the connection. Have read many complaints about the Intel 3165 card. This is NOT ok. HELP!

MorganSwe
What's DOS?
Views: 630
Message 7 of 7

Have smiliar problem, a IdeaPad 320s with AC-3165, really bad performance on 2.4 Ghz, have tried all the above.  Other devices works fine. on 5Ghz the performance is great.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors