Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aleupo
Paper Tape
Views: 935
Message 1 of 2

Wifi on Lenovo 320S-13IKB is terribly slow

Hello,

yesterday i received a brand new Lenovo 320S-13IKB 81AK0036GE. Directly when starting the device, i noticed that web pages load really slow. Since i have a 100MBit internet connection at home, i was a bit worried.

So i run some tests with the 320s and my Thinkpad T440s. Both on the same wifi network.

* Downloading a file (Ubuntu iso image) from as fast server located in my country (Germany)

- Lenovo 320S: Around 150-200 KB/s

- Thinkpad T440s: 3.0-4.5 MB/s

* Executing a DSL Speedtest: speedtest.net/de

- Lenovo 320S: 1.8 MBit/s down, 5Mbit/s up

- Thinkpad T440s: 41 Mbit/s down, 5 Mbit/s up

I am really confused by the fact that the upload on the 320S is faster than the download.

I installed the newest wifi drivers: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/de/de/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/320s-13ikb/81ak/download...

I even booted Ubuntu Linux from a USB stick: The wifi was also slow using Ubuntu...

Do you have any idea what this could be? I am very disappointed because Lenovo notebooks always worked well for me, and this one is brand new...

Best regards,

Alex

aleupo
Paper Tape
Views: 882
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wifi on Lenovo 320S-13IKB is terribly slow

Bump.

Please help me with this problem. The laptop is brand new and i have to return it if i can't solve the problem.

After doing some research i believe the Atheros QCA9377 driver is the reason, that on some networks that use WMM, the wifi is slow. I tried various driver versions but the problem persists.

If i create a hotspot on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and connect with the 320s, i get around 30MBit/s speed. Please understand that changing the settings on my router is not a solution, because i also want to use the device on wifi networks where i cannot change the settings.

I also contacted your support via email contact form but how am i supposed to describe a problem like this in 200 characters?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors