Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-Stefan-
What's DOS?
Views: 128
Message 1 of 2

Win7 32 Bit Driver for 700-17ISK

I need to install Win7 32 Bit on the Laptop 700-17ISK because of a software compatibility. There i have no other choice.

But there are no 32 Bit Drivers availlable for Download, only 64 Bit Drivers

So what can i do?

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 98
Message 2 of 2

Re: Win7 32 Bit Driver for 700-17ISK

@-Stefan- wrote:

I need to install Win7 32 Bit on the Laptop 700-17ISK. But there are no 32 Bit Drivers available for Download, only 64 Bit Drivers.  So what can i do?

You will need to identify the manufacturer and model name/number of each device that needs a driver, and then visit that manufacturer's web site to see if they provide drivers for 32-bit Windows 7.  If you already have Windows 10 installed, go to "Device Manager" and obtain the device details from there.

Bear in mind that if you use a 32-bit operating system, the useable RAM is limited to 4GB.  If your system has 8GB or 16GB of RAM, your applications will not be able to access the RAM residing above the 4GB limit.  You could use the excess RAM for a RAM disk (I think), but that may not be of much use to you.

Also, some low-end Lenovo laptops have 64-bit Intel/AMD processors with a 32-bit BIOS.  On these systems, it is not possible to use a 64-bit operating system.  I wonder whether the converse is true.  The 700-17ISK has a 64-bit BIOS, but will it work with a 32-bit operating system?  Please let us know if you get this to work.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors