Did you mean: 
tortorio1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,680
Message 1 of 7

Windows 10 Log on screen etc to dark to read

Hello I own a Lenovo Idea pad 100 -151BY

I have Windows 10 loaded

When I open up the computer the Lenovo Black & White screen opens up nice & bright

That also goes for the BIOS screen

The problem is when we come to the Windows log in screen it is very dark, one can just about enter the password, and all other screens are very dark. The battery is fully charged and power is plugged in.

I am a novice but I have come to the conclusion it is software rather than hardware

I tried using the One Key Recovery pin entry method on the bottom left of the computer in the hope of reloading the software again but no luck as the paper clip recommendation does not seem to function

Any ideas where to go from here

Thanks in advance for your assistance

tortorio1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,599
Message 2 of 7

Re: Windows 10 Log on screen etc to dark to read

Surly there must be some one out there, perhaps some one from Lenovo that has some idea how to resolve this problem, I cant send it back to Amazon if it is a simple software problem
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,590
Message 3 of 7

@tortorio1 wrote:

Hello I own a Lenovo Idea pad 100 -151BY.  When I open up the computer the Lenovo Black & White screen opens up nice & bright.  That also goes for the BIOS screen.  The problem is when we come to the Windows log in screen it is very dark, one can just about enter the password, and all other screens are very dark. The battery is fully charged and power is plugged in.

I am not familiar with the Ideapad 100, but my Ideapad 500-15ISK behaves as follows:

(1) The "Lenovo" boot logo and the BIOS screens are displayed with a fixed brightness that is easy to read.

(2) Windows 10 screens (including the Windows 10 logon screen) have a variable brightness that can be controlled using the F11 and F12 keys (these are the keys on the Ideapad 500; your Ideapad 100 may use different keys).  The brightness that you set is remembered by Windows (the brightness is not reset when you shutdown and restart).

Look at the "F" keys on your Ideapad 100 to see if any of them look like a circle with lines radiating from the center -- that is meant to represent a lightbulb or the Sun!  Try pressing one or other to see what effect it has.  If they don't seem to do anything, try pressing the "Fn" key (lower left of the keyboard) in conjunction with the F11 or F12 key.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tortorio1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,580
Message 4 of 7

Hello Cyber Simian
Thanks for your reply, I followed your instructions and it NOW WORKS OK, very much appreciated

I have a second problem, my HD connection to the TV does not function have you or any one else got any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Norman
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,567
Message 5 of 7

Hi tortorio1, 

Have you tried pressing Win+P then selecting extended once the HD cable is connected. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,566
Message 6 of 7

@tortorio1 wrote:
My HD connection to the TV does not function have you or any one else got any suggestions.

I have never connected my Ideapad 500-15ISK to an external screen (computer monitor or TV), but looking in the "User Guide" for the 500-15ISK I see that there is an "F" key that toggles the computer video output between the laptop screen and the external screen.  On my 500-15ISK it is the F10 key (may be different on your Ideapad 100).  There is another key (F9 on my 500-15ISK) that turns the laptop LCD illumination on and off, so don't confuse that key with the key that toggles between internal and external screens.

There should be a "User Guide" for your Ideapad 100 that you can download from this web site.  Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on "Manuals" in the "Support" column.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tortorio1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,556
Message 7 of 7

Hello there

More good news, all my problems are now resolved, not only can I now see but I can view on TV.

A big thank you both, this speaks volumes how good this Help Forum is.
Norman (Portugal)
-although I bought it on Amazon Market place I actually live in Northern Portugal. No use buying any thing to do with keyboards here

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors