Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aRbor2013
Paper Tape
Views: 3,040
Message 1 of 12

Windows 7 on Ideapad 330

Hi,

perhaps there is somebody out there who can help me. I need to install Windows 7 on my Laptop which is a Lenovo Ideapad 330. There are no drivers for this notebook available for Win 7 and I wanted know if it is somehow possible to still install win 7 on it and get it to run?

I would just need wifi or USB, that is enough. Unfortunately none of it works. I managed to get win7 on the HD but don't find any working drivers. Is there a solution that I can make USB or WiFi work?

Thanks a lot.

Highlighted
aRbor2013
Paper Tape
Views: 3,030
Message 2 of 12

Re: Windows 7 on Ideapad 330

I managed it, after installing the LAN (not wifi) drivers I was able to download and update the other drivers.

kguehini
Paper Tape
Views: 2,738
Message 3 of 12

hi.
can you please share what method did you use to update the drivers?
thank you in advance.

aRbor2013
Paper Tape
Views: 2,722
Message 4 of 12

After that able to install the lan drivers, I could also install the and drivers (At least "half"). The USB ports still didn't work but with that I was able to start an update to windows 10. With that, everything worked fine of course. So one can somehow hardly manage to update to windows 10, but it's not really possible to get windows 7 to run!

kguehini
Paper Tape
Views: 2,701
Message 5 of 12

so as i understand , you were not been able to install windows 7 , but you installed windows 10.

anyway i installed windows 10 but i dont like it.
i will try to install windows 7 and see if i can find the drivers for it.

aRbor2013
Paper Tape
Views: 2,698
Message 6 of 12

I was able to install windows 7 but since there are no chipset drivers available at all for windows 7, the laptop doesn't work properly. Biggest problem is that you can't use any USB port, Wifi or the mouse pad. Only the keyboard is working, and after installing the drivers also lan (these drives you can only get after mounting the hard drive into another computer, copy the driver on the hard drive and put it back into your laptop).

So nothing is really working, you even have to use the keyboard mouse for accessing your computer. So don't waste the time with installing windows 7, since amd doesn't support drivers for it, you're bound to windows 10 Smiley Sad

kguehini
Paper Tape
Views: 2,695
Message 7 of 12

thanks for the info.
anyway i will try to see if i can find anything and if i find a way to get the drivers, i will tell you.
because i really dont like windows 10 Smiley Happy

mostafa_elbanna
What's DOS?
Views: 2,330
Message 8 of 12

i have this question too
kguehini
Paper Tape
Views: 2,202
Message 9 of 12

Good morning.
I was able to install windows 7 with all the drivers working.
So i will explain how to do it.
Well its easy, you just download a driver pack into the hard disk and then install windows from the DVD and update the drivers from that driver pack.
Since usb flash drive wont work before you install that driver, you need to put the driver pack on the hard disk by booting with another OS or live CD.
The driver pack i used is "Snappy Driver Installer Origin" , you can find it on Google , but you need to download the full 15GB version , since you wont have a network driver and internet wont be working.

I have all of the drivers working; expect the touch pad which is not working.
Also the keyboard shortcuts that change the brightness and so on are not working, but brightness can be changed from "Power Options".

There is another way to install windows 7 from a USB drive, but its a little harder, since you need to put the usb driver on the USB.
But I can explain how its done if someone is interested.

Sashcopk
What's DOS?
Views: 1,443
Message 10 of 12

Thanks for sharing the ideas !
Unfortunately I do not have DVD on my Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IGM...
Is there any solution ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors