Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geekinthepaint
Paper Tape
Views: 721
Message 1 of 3

Windows Update - Active Pen scrolls instead of draw

Hi,

I was layers into an digital art piece on Photoshop, and was drawing just fine. Since it was getting late, I was shut off for the night and pick up in the morning. Since there was an "Update and Shut Down" option instead of just shut down, I let it update and went to bed.

When I turned my laptop back on, the Windows Update messed up the pen! Instead of me simply drawing, the pen scrolls/pans around the screen.

I tried doing a whole reset, but it didn't work, the pen was still wonky.

If I want to even draw with the pen, I have to hold it down then keep it on the screen. So multiple lines (like if I wanted to draw hair strokes) isn't going to happen.

Someone please help. It's been over a week and no change/new updates.

BumbleBeePinata
What's DOS?
Views: 605
Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows Update - Active Pen scrolls instead of draw

I am having this same problem with my flex 5 and active pen. It does not do it all the time though. It might start out drawing and then randomly start scrolling around the screen. I assumed my pen was broken again as its my frist one died unexpectedly after only 3 months of use. I wish I had seen this before ordering a new one... again :c  I hope they can fix this soon as I am loosing work time not being able to complete projects.

geekinthepaint
Paper Tape
Views: 578
Message 3 of 3

Re: Windows Update - Active Pen scrolls instead of draw

Windows just came out with another update. I just downloaded it and now my pen works correctly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors