Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ironbug
What's DOS?
Views: 475
Message 1 of 3

Working on the Lenovo Flex 2-14.

Hi guys;

I have the  Flex and I wanna change the HDD for a SSD and max out the RAM. How tough is this to do? I've worked on PCs and Laptops before..

Firstly, will any 2.5 SATA2 SSD do?

Secondly, the ram is 204pin DDR3 1333mhz right?

Finally, does anyone have a quick readthrough of how to open it up and add these? Most laptops Ive worked on had access at the bottom, but , obviously this doesnt, hesistant to unscrew everything and just lift off the Keyboard in hope.

Thnaks for loking guys.

virusman
Paper Tape
Views: 457
Message 2 of 3

Re: Working on the Lenovo Flex 2-14.

No, some SSDs are incompatible, and there is no compatibility list. Crucial mx100 and Intel 530, for example, turned out to be incompatible. Read this for more info (there's also a list of SSDs that worked for some people): https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Trying-to-install-mx100-ssd-in-flex-2-14...

For some tips on opening it up, read my topic:        Flex 2 15 not compatible with Intel 530 SSDs + how...             

Ironbug
What's DOS?
Views: 408
Message 3 of 3

Re: Working on the Lenovo Flex 2-14.

HI guys;
 I'm back, slotted in an Evo 840 500GB it DOES Indeed work!

However, there is only one RAM slot, I was lead to believe there were 2.
I assume the Laptop still takes up to 16GB, but I havent been able to find a 16GB module, so I'll wait 'til one comes out.

This WAS the hardest thing I've worked on an opened up, however, checking the instructions, and doing it slowly, I was able to get through it. Any questions, hit me up, I'll try and help..

I'll come back, and re-update this when 16GB are purchasable and I've put one in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors