cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plato1123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,366
Message 1 of 7

Worthless Ideapad 100 has no touchpad scrolling whatsoever?!?

Wow, I've not seen any laptop whatsoever in the last 10-20 years that lacked this crucial feature.  This is my first Lenova product and I can't help but wonder what other functionality they don't understand, do they even use their own products?  How is a scrolling feature optional to them?  What other corners did they cut that I'll only discover later?  This thing is going right back to the store.

(bonus facepalms when they mark their threads on here "solved!" when the solution is "no, we didn't bother adding this very basic functionality that every other laptop on the planet has")

acron1
Punch Card
Views: 1,311
Message 2 of 7

Re: Worthless Ideapad 100 has no touchpad scrolling whatsoever?!?

Just Google "2 finger scrolling Lenovo IdeaPad 100" and you will find both a registry hack to enable it or installing drivers from a different manufacturer for your track pad that have scrolling enabled... I use an Asus driver on my Flex 3 and 2 finger scrolling is working beautifully...

Good luck 

plato1123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,273
Message 3 of 7

Hello, can you be more specific? I've spent quite a bit of time searching for a solution and attempted to install a Synaptics driver as suggested and have not had any success (and I'm an experienced Microsoft technician). I see my 100s is model 100s-11iby and unlike some other Lenovos the touchpad shows up as an HID (usb) device, not a ps2 device. If it used the PS2 bus maybe I could coax it into installing a ps2 driver from another manufacturer like Synaptic but there is no ps2 listing under mouse in device manager whatsoever. What is the registery hack you speak of? Thank you for your help!!
acron1
Punch Card
Views: 1,263
Message 4 of 7

Plato1123 I don't have your laptop so it's not possible for me to walk you step by step. I must tell you that I can't remember ever seeing a trackpad not using PS/2 mouse port before so... If I was you I would create a bootable Ubuntu Live flash drive and boot with it and see if multi finger gestures are supported... If they are and they should then its a driver issue.

plato1123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,246
Message 5 of 7

Just to confirm in device manager under "Mice and other pointing devices" the only listing is HID-compliant mouse.  There's no listing for a ps2 device, even if I "show hidden devices".  Also no weird bios settings to turn on ps2 mouse emulation or anything weird like that.  Also, it appears the 100s-15iby has drivers for both HID compliant mouse and ps2 compatible mouse port but again just to confirm after triple checking the 100s-11iby that I have does not appear to use the ps2 bus, only HID (usb).

hakanaikioku
What's DOS?
Views: 809
Message 6 of 7

my 100s-11iby 80r2 lists its mouse as being a HID(I2C) device I got synaptics driver for I2C touchpads to install but no luck on getting scrolling to work. I'm going to try a lubuntu live USB and see if it has scrolling in the next few days if you found a fix let me (and others) know!

faderfa64
Paper Tape
Views: 724
Message 7 of 7

Could you use lubuntu live USB, because I can't and Googleing I wasn't able to find somone could.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors