Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adaa1262
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 345
Message 1 of 3

Wrong Serial Number (Ideapad 100s)

I've got a Lenovo ideapad 100s 64gb version 

I've send it for motherboard repair and the new motherboard is only 32 gb (!)

I've called to support and they informed me that the serial number states I have a 32 gb version(!)

How can I proove I've bought the 64gb version?

One thing to note is that I've check the eMMc space when I've bought it as a reformated the disk

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 293
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wrong Serial Number (Ideapad 100s)

Hi  adaa1262, 

Each serial number would have a corresponding model number. That model would have the specification of you laptop, including the size of your eMMc. Unless the system you sent had a different serial number/model number then there is no way you can prove that your system had a different eMMc size.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
adaa1262
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 280
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wrong Serial Number (Ideapad 100s)

*UPDATE* Thank GOD I'am an advanced user (i cant imagine someone how dont know about computers as well try to proove them )

On parts list section of Lenovo site it states i have the 2gb/64gb version motherboard  so i've called them again,

because on my previews call the said that the store might send me the wrong version,

and its seems that their database have my laptop as a 32 gb model so they asked me to send them an email with a screenshot from parts list site and the ll soon call me back...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors