03-23-2018 07:51 AM
so yesterday afternoon, I was watching a youtube video and realized that the spacebar was no longer functioning as a play/pause button. I then realized that none of the other keys were working other than the power button. I followed the troubleshooting steps here. I did the last step, which seemed to work for a short time, yet when I went to youtube again and used the touchpad to forward the video, the keyboard stopped working again. I went to do step 3 again, but this time, it would continuously enter one letter. I shut down my laptop 3 times, and the same thing happened all 3 times. finally, I let the battery drain and powered it on this morning. the keyboard can no longer be fixed by use of step 3. I am using the on-screen keyboard now which is very time-consuming and which has been working throughout this entire process.
03-23-2018 08:15 AM
Welcome to the Community Forums.
Would connecting an external USB keyboard work?
Update us how things go.
01-29-2019 02:52 PM
I had the same problem on my lenovo ideapad 120s-11iap and I solved it in the following simple steps
1. Open DEVICE MANAGER
2. Click on Human Interface Devices
3. You will see ELAN EzTouchFilter with a yellow triangle
4. Right click and select Update drivers
5. Select Browse my computer for driver software
6. Then select Let me pick from a list of drivers in my computer
7. You will see a list of drivers. Select Standard PS/2 Keyboard
Your keyboard will start working automatically.