Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
me2a0
Punch Card
Views: 163
Message 1 of 3

how to contact lenovo

i can not figure out how to contact lenevo at all.  the support page runs around in circles.  i figured i am sol on this ideapad that had two hard drive failures under warranty then a few months out of warramty it failed again.  

i am going to need a recovery usb and win 10 number because i am trying to do new install on ssd and dump the broke seagate hdd after warranty replaced with screws missing from hardrive bracket.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 153
Message 2 of 3

Re: how to contact lenovo

You can call Lenovo support at 877-453-6686 and they should be able to help you.

FYI  - The Windows 10 Product ID is embedded in the BIOS, so you never need to type that in, just skip by the enter PID part of the installation, and Windows 10 will activate automatically upon completion.    

You can download Windows 10 Installation media directly from Microsoft for free here, but it will not create the Lenovo recovery partitions etc. that allow for the NOVO key etc. to work, so you still may want to obtain Lenovo Recovery media as it will layout the drive like it was when new.

Curious, are you using a regular spinning hard drive (HDD), or a solid state drive (SSD)?     If still on a HDD, this might be a good opportunity to upgrade to an SSD drive, which are not only much much much faster, but also less prone to damage from movement/shock, although you still back up you important data?      

Good Luck,

me2a0
Punch Card
Views: 149
Message 3 of 3

Re: how to contact lenovo

thank you dumping seagate hdd after 3 failures for crucial 525 ssd,  been a long time since i have done this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors