Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brianwilkie
What's DOS?
Views: 16,595
Message 1 of 4

ideapad 110 - Battery charging question

is it possible to run this laptop without the battery pack? my last laptop  had a removable battery but this model appears to be fixed? there are screw fixings but im not sure if these will detach anything, would welcome any information on this.

when the battery is fully charged can the adapter remain plugged in? or should i remove it? i was wondering if there is a cut out for when full charge is reached or it just keeps charging as i use it, this is why removable battery packs were standard a few years ago and the laptop could run off the mains with the charger plugged in, i would rather do this than eventually have to replace a worn battery later on at more cost etc,

thanks for your help in advance

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 16,523
Message 2 of 4

Re: ideapad 110 - Battery charging question

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

As you found out, the battery for your model is not removable by the consumer.  A simple solution to your problem if you are using Windows 10, which I'm guessing you have, is to use the Lenovo Settings app.  One of the options of Lenovo Settings is Conservation Mode.  That mode will maintain the battery at a 50 to 60% charge level which will allow you to power the laptop by the adapter without continually charging the battery.  The Lenovo Settings app is available in the Windows 10 Store if you do not have it installed already.  Just search the store on the word Lenovo to easily find it. 

Once in Lenovo Settings just click on the battery icon on the left menu.  A new screen will open on the right and in the middle of that screen will be Conservation Mode.  Just enable it.  In the event you need a 100% charge to go portable with the laptop, just disable Conservation Mode.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

mike622
What's DOS?
Views: 10,553
Message 3 of 4

thi information doesnt help me get my computer to start charging. my concern is since i just started using it i dont know if the battery is defctive or its just a setting i cant figure out how to use. at this point im not happy with my purchase.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 10,552
Message 4 of 4

Welcome to the Lenovo Community mike622 !

Is the charging stuck at a given percentage such as 50 or 60% ?  If so, then follow the previous instructions on accessing the Lenovo Settings app to change the charge threshold.

If it isn't stuck at 50 / 60 % then try a static discharge by doing the following......

1. Shut down Windows and unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
4. Plug in the charger / adapter and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors