Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Udayfreelancer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,827
Message 21 of 40

Re: ideapad 310-15ABR - Auto-Restarting Randomly

Try Device Manager -> System devices and update the drivers by right clicking and choosing update drive, for mostly Lenovo ACPI....

Some of them will say already uptodate. Some will update. This mostly will solve the problem. My laptop has not restarted for 7 days after i did this. Try it out. Was searching for a soltion for almost a year, hence though of sharing. Smiley Happy All the best.

Udayfreelancer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,778
Message 22 of 40

Sorry the above steps are not the solution. It did restart twice after that. Planning to go with going through event log to figure out the issue. Will update if there is any progress.
adrianblum
What's DOS?
Views: 1,707
Message 23 of 40

any news?

Udayfreelancer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,670
Message 24 of 40

Sorry for the delay. Did try something and it seems to have worked. The issue seems to have be caused by the display adapter driver. When it crashes and you check the log, you could see the issue associated with display driver. Since i'm using a laptop with Radeon driver, went here https://support.amd.com/en-us/download and downloaded automatically the Radeon softare and it installed the drivers for me. Please make sure once you update the driver using this method, DON'T go to device manager and update the driver for adapter. It will again replace the Radeon drivers and the issue will happen again. So once Radeon drivers are installed, hopefully, it will solve your problem. For me i'm unable to access the radeon settings now. But as long as the system is not restarting, i'm fine with it. Smiley Happy My laptop has not restarted for 9 days. Hope this helps.

bobob321225
Paper Tape
Views: 1,560
Message 25 of 40

It's been about 2 months now and no restarts. It could be the Microsoft drivers. Or it could be the Lenovo partitions.

cr770
Paper Tape
Views: 1,418
Message 26 of 40

I am having the same problem with my Ideapad 310 restarting randomly. I took it to Geek Squad back in January, and 4 months later, 4 times being sent to their service center, 2 motherboard replacements, new battery, and new hard drive, it is still restarting. They told me it is fine, but it still restarts. No one can seem to tell me how to fix this, and I am ready to throw this stupid machine in the garbage! I cannot even contact Lenovo because the warranty has expired and I do not see a phone number or email address to let them know that this is happening. I am so frustrated!

bobob321225
Paper Tape
Views: 1,415
Message 27 of 40

I think the consensus of this thread indicates that it is the video driver. Try uninstalling it and installing the one from Microsoft. It doesnt have all the bells and whistles, but it is more stable.

cr770
Paper Tape
Views: 1,409
Message 28 of 40

I am not really sure how to do that. Any tips?

bobob321225
Paper Tape
Views: 1,366
Message 29 of 40

Go to Control Panel. Open Device Manager. Find Display Adapters and open that. Right-click on your display driver and choose Update Driver. Then choose Search Automatically. 

PiotrWyrwas
What's DOS?
Views: 1,326
Message 30 of 40

Hello, Joborule!

I have this same problem, but on my PC, So there's no Power options.

Can you please help me?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors