Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohdyussef
What's DOS?
Views: 99
Message 1 of 2

ideapad 310-15ISK downgrade to windows 7

I have laptop lenovo ideapad 310-15ISK. it came with windows 10 preinstalled. recently, task Manager always shows that the disk to be at 100% utilization despite a light or no workload, and the system may experience lag or become unresponsive. and i have tried every possible solution Available in the internet. starting from disable many services like windows search, superfetch etc.. . ending with reset windows entirely. even so i still suffer system slowness.
and i need to downgrade to windows 7. but i can't find drivers & softwares available for my machine for windows 7. can some one provides advice?

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 71
Message 2 of 2

Re: ideapad 310-15ISK downgrade to windows 7

@mohdyussef wrote:

I can't find drivers & softwares available for my machine for windows 7.

The "ISK" in the model name "310-15ISK" suggests that your laptop has an Intel Skylake processor.  If this is the case, Windows 7 should be supported on your laptop, but Lenovo don't provide any drivers.  This means that you will need to do the hard work to find the drivers.

The following page describes how to find drivers from the the hardware ids:

https://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

Note: Windows 7 support from Microsoft stops at the end of 2019 (so no more Windows updates to address vulnerabilities found in Windows).  Of course, Windows 7 on your laptop will continue running for many more years.  (I am posting this from a laptop that is still running Windows XP!)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors