cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJit_gawade
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,642
Message 1 of 4

ideapad 320-15ikb does not charge while playing games, is it normal?

I recently bought ideapad 320-15ikb. When I play a game like GTA5 on battery it lags in the middle of gameplay and after 30-45 sec again it runs smoothly. But when I play games with AC adapter plugged in, it runs smoothly. But simultaneously it does not charge the battery. eg. If I connect adaptor on battery 28%, it will stays on 28% untill I exit the game (But it shows, plugged in and charging, in battery notifications). As soon as I exit the game it starts charging. Is it normal? 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,639
Message 2 of 4

Re: ideapad 320-15ikb does not charge while playing games, is it normal?

So its normal for the laptop to be plugged in and not charging at times. Most laptops will allow for some battery discharging before starting to charge again. As for performance battery vs AC power. Your profiles for power based on battery or AC power can determine hardware settings. So its possible on battery the profile limits CPU speed or even changes graphics clock to save battery. Pretty much why gamers in general play games on AC and set profile for power to performance. This helps prevent underclocking CPU or GPU. 

AJit_gawade
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,635
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick reply. So it will not affect battery's life and it is totally safe to use ac adaptor while playing games than to use battery power, isn't it?
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,632
Message 4 of 4

Any time you want better performance your going to want AC power not battery. This includes anything including gaming because you want the laptop to provide the optimal performance. You certainly can set your power settings in battery to provide the same sort of performance advantage with AC, but you will also notice siginificant battery drain too. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors