Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prop
Paper Tape
Views: 1,451
Message 1 of 3

ideapad 320 slow inernet speed

i just bought this laptop and i only get about 35 mgs download on wifi.when i connect with ethernet cable i get my usual 100 plus mgs.any sloutions?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,431
Message 2 of 3

Re: ideapad 320 slow inernet speed

If your using 2.4 Ghz wifi band 35 mbps might be all you can do especially if your distance from router is such and you may have other obstacle's preventing a good signal. LAN connects at 100mbs which is the connect speed not your internet speed. Same for wireless it has a connect speed in which it determines what speed your device is capable of. What is your rated internet speed ? That laptop probably has a weak 1X1 wifi card so best connect speed would be maybe 72mbps with really strong signal. If you have 5Ghz router and wifi card is capable you could increase that connect speed but the drawback to 5 Ghz band is much less range and more sensitive to obstacles.Make sure you have the latest drivers for your wifi card too. 

lenbass
What's DOS?
Views: 186
Message 3 of 3

Re: ideapad 320 slow inernet speed

At least after reading your post, I realized I could plug in my ethernet cord and get faster response. I went from 35kb/sec to 100kb/sec
Top Kudoed Authors