Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdieSL
Paper Tape
Views: 1,832
Message 1 of 10

ideapad 330-15ARR Laptop - touchPad not working

I have bought today 330-15ARR Laptop (ideapad) - Ryzen 7 with radeon 540, 20 gb of RAM.

I have installed windows 10, 64 bit. I have updated it. Everything is up to date regarding windows.

I have a major issue regarding touch pad. It did`t work during windows installation, and even now when I installed all drivers it is still not working.

I have read over the the internet but I did`t managed to solve this problem. 

I guess this is a software issue so I don`t want to return my laptop to the store.

Did anyone had problems with touchPad and how did you solved it ?

Here is my device manager screenshoot

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,805
Message 2 of 10

Re: ideapad 330-15ARR Laptop - Type 81D2 / PF1556R4 tocuhPad not working

Hi AdieSL!

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Expand Mice and other pointing devices then right click uninstall the touchpad driver. Make sure to tick the box next to "delete this driver software". Reinstall the touchpad driver here, https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330-15arr/81d2/81d20055y...

Note: Please edit your post and remove the serial number for security and privacy.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

AdieSL
Paper Tape
Views: 1,795
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for the answer but I can`t do this. Please check my device manager:

1) this is with external usb mouse connected (mouseIssue.jpg, the left side of the image)

2) without external usb mouse connected (mouseIssue.jpg, the right side of the image)

In both cases I can`t uninstall the touchPad drivers because If I uninstall the driver while my external mouse is connected the external mouse stops working and without any external mouse connected I don`t even have the "Mice and other pointing devices" field.

As for the driver link, I have installed the driver from there for synaptic and afterwards for ALPS and ELAN also to check if that solves this issue but no luck.

Can you please be more specific what should I do ?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,790
Message 4 of 10

Hi AdieSL! Another hand here to help. You can go to the BIOS using the Novo button and load setup defaults. Here's a guide on how to locate the Novo button on your computer https://lnv.gy/2EZYD1Y;

If the issues persists, we highly recommend to reinstall Windows 10 back on to your computer. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

AdieSL
Paper Tape
Views: 1,788
Message 5 of 10

Are you sure my version has the novo button? The link you provided is broken, can you please send the valid one ?

I have entered bios the regular way (pressing f2 at post), loaded system defaults and reinstalled windows already. That did`t helped.

There are 3 major issues with this laptop:

1) TouchPad issues

2) Brightness controll and display driver for radeon 540 , see my device manager that the AMD I2C Controller driver is malfunctioning

3) Any linux flavour installation gets stuck with some bluetooth driver error, I will post that screenshoot too.

I am kinda dissapointed in this laptop because I need it for work ASAP and I am having troubles with basic system setup....

AdieSL
Paper Tape
Views: 1,765
Message 6 of 10

I understand that the device might not be certified but as all normal manufacturers it should run any linux flavour.

I have managed to install Ubuntu with uneboot tool.

At the installation press TAB and add the option noapic

On ubuntu the brigthess controll works , while on windows does not.

However the touchPad problem persists. Is there any solution for the touchpad ????

AdieSL
Paper Tape
Views: 1,744
Message 7 of 10

I cant believe that Lenovo sells this CRAP! I cant install the gpu driver , I cant install the touchPad, I cant install the brigthenss controlls! My external monitor doesn`t work too!    Lenovo ????

I have lost 2 Days now trying to get this laptop to work with windows 10. What is the deal with this CRAP ?

Mod's Edit: Posting edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

debojyoti93
Paper Tape
Views: 1,129
Message 8 of 10

Re: ideapad 330-15ARR Laptop - touchPad not working

Yes it's just kernal version and driver issue, I have made a step by step guide to solve all the known problems related to ideapad 330 ubuntu.

Check 
gist.github.com/debojyoti/228729498628e898497557db57619a28 

No need to compile kernal at all, new versions of kernal already have all the drivers. Check my link.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Sarinlohi
What's DOS?
Views: 508
Message 9 of 10

Dear user,

please use the below link to download the ideapad touchpad driver.. 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/pe/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330-17ikb-type-81dm/down...

This works.

Sarinlohi
What's DOS?
Views: 507
Message 10 of 10

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/pe/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330-17ikb-type-81dm/down...

Also use the above link for all the drivers that are required for you lap.
The device manager will then check and download the updates for the so called drivers installed manually.
But this step to upgrade from the device manager has to be performed after installing the touch pad driver (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/pe/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330-17ikb-type-81dm/down...).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors