English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-16-2018

NL

18 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 1 of 6

ideapad 330 - Touchpad types text

2018-09-16, 9:01 AM

When clicking on touchpad, it types 'sadfjkl;', moving generates all kind of characters/keystrokes.

2 weeks ago installed teh new Lenovo ideapad 330 and all went OK. Now two weeks later I want to bring it to my brother in law and just before that, I checked for updates. Some Win10 updates and Lenovo driver/bios updates popped up and installed. But after that, I was not able to use the touchpad anymore because of the random behavior. The cursor jumped everywhere and applications started when I try to use it.

I connected a USB-mouse, so I could try to revert back to previous situation, no success so far. I noticed that the ideapad can have 3 different types of touchpads. So tried to install the other driver. The best I could get is that the touchpas is working, but the keyboard was dead. So uninstalled the Elon driver again. Currently it seems to behave reasonable, except for clicking, when I click in the 'non-mousebutton area', it generates 'adsfjk', 'adsfjkl;\' etc.

BTW - one of the updates is for the video card, but it fails. No reason given, just 'try again'.

Any suggestions?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Options

184 Posts

08-01-2018

PH

26 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: ideapad 330 - Touchpad types text

2018-09-16, 19:25 PM

Hi! Welcome to the Community Forums! Could you tell us the exact model of your Ideapad 330? Could you also tried to check for more updates via Lenovo Vantage app? If you no longer have this app available, you could download the app through store: https://lnv.gy/2pcLmZr

Moderator note: full URL of above shortened link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

09-16-2018

NL

18 Signins

82 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2018-09-16, 19:35 PM
Thank you for putting model nr in front, but I think this phenomena is not depending on the model.
According to the utility that collects the model info it is 330-15ICH Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81FK, Model: 81FK0050MH.
Options

184 Posts

08-01-2018

PH

26 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-09-17, 0:45 AM

Thank you for sharing these details. Have you also tried Uninstalling and deleting the driver, then only use the Microsoft Basic driver for the touchpad and see if it will do the same thing? 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

09-16-2018

NL

18 Signins

82 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2018-09-17, 6:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, and yes, I have tried. But when I uninstall and reboot, it automatically reinstalls the syanaptics pointing device. 9Both in HID devices and mice and pointing devices. (Manually translated from Dutch, so not sure if exactly that leaf of the device tree.)

At this moment it is behaving reasonable, except for the clicking. Not sure if related, but it also refuses to install the update for the nvidia geforce gtx.

Is it possible it is a hardware issue or not? If software I have to reinstall dfrom scratch, if hardware I have send the nb back.....

Options

4 Posts

09-16-2018

NL

18 Signins

82 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2018-10-31, 21:20 PM

Just to inform other users if they have the same solution and could not find the solution.... I did try a clean install, and even at that moment, in the field you can type your name, the phenomena happens, so it must be hardware. (Or a strange design where something that has no driver sends characters as if it was a keyboard, but in that case more peopel would have reported that.)

So I finally sent the machine back.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save