Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreami2
What's DOS?
Views: 963
Message 1 of 2

ideapad 520 NOISY

bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 520, worst machine ever.  the hard drive is so noisy and clunky with random whirring, sounds.  the fan starts up randomly and also so loun it sounds like a race car taking off.

all replies seem to report the same problems.  having the fan replaced does not fix it.  worst laptop i've ever owned.  Lenovo support is also appauling.  They sold me a VGA USB-C adapter for my older style monitor - it didn't work.  5 phone calls later, they told me it wouldn't work on my laptop!  actually they couldn't agree, one person would say it should work, the next it would't work, and then back to the beginning again.  they then argued amongst themselves about a HDMI-VGA cable, couldn't agree if it would work.  they promised to call me back 3 times, and send me a confirmation email - NEVER did.  I called again and EXPLODED told them what a joke their service and support is and asked for a refund as they had a sold me a cable that wouldn't work.

they again told me they would call me back to confirm the refund, BUT NEVER DID

I CALLED AGAIN, THEY FED ME THE SAME LIES AGAIN, NEVER CALLED BACK.

Worst decision i ever made was buying the noisy brick of a machine.  Lenovo support centre is unable to provide support for it's own devices and has absolutely no idea what their cables are for, or if/how they work.  They are also incapable of processing a refund for fauly equipment/non working equipment.

If they can't fix a cable, how on earth will they ever fix noisy hard drives and fans in so many laptops!?

Short answer:  they won't!

get used to the consistent noise of your machine LOL, like that's ever going to be possible. 

SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME LENOVO.

Worldclassweb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 694
Message 2 of 2

Re: ideapad 520 NOISY

What is solution to this??? i feel the same & the fan is annoying...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors