Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vioner
SCSI Port
Views: 4,386
Message 61 of 405

Re: ideapad 700 15ISK - Keyboard missing keystrokes

Guys, I've recently updated my drivers and it seems like the problem with keyboard missing keystrokes, touchpad crashes and battery status spikes is gone...

I've updated Intel Serial IO, Intel Management Engine Interface and Intel Rapid Storage (I don't think this last one is the mandatory one). 

Please let me know if you have these drivers updated and wheter your problem persists. Maybe after updating the drivers, the problems will go away?

JensBöhnermann
Paper Tape
Views: 4,325
Message 62 of 405

Hi,
I have updated all the drivers but it didn't work for me. Going to the mouse settings and disabling "Enhance Pointer Precision" made the touchpad lag slightly less noticable for me. Unbelievable that this issue isn't fixed yet.

Highlighted
Vioner
SCSI Port
Views: 4,320
Message 63 of 405

I don't have touchpad lags problems. 

Have you reported your problem to official Lenovo support? You can do it via chat. 

If you haven't, don't be surprised it's not fixed.

Hunterspark
Paper Tape
Views: 4,070
Message 64 of 405

Unfortunately I have an identical issue - have had many different Lenovo models over the years with no problems, but this model has the worst keyboard problems I've encountered in 25 years of IT use. Am currently typing this on a G500 which is a positive delight in comparison to the extremely frustrating Ideapad - interestingly also running latest Win10.

Ideapad has been returned for service, but to be honest I don't hold out much hope as it really does not seem like a hardware issue. Interestingly the problem seems to be a lot worse after Win10 anniversary edition came out... this really needs to be addressed by Lenovo as it is screaming "driver issue", particularly as it seems to be associated with the power management also.

Will post update on return.

Lenovo Employee Patrice_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 4,007
Message 65 of 405

Lenovo is investigating customer reports of the Ideapad 700 – 15ISK missing keystrokes. The issue is that customers report these systems are missing typed letters on occasion or intermittently.

For customers experiencing this issue, try downloading the latest BIOS, version: E5CN58WW. This has worked for other customers so please try it to see if it works for you. Please note that the latest BIOS may not be available via automatic update yet.

I’d like to hear if this was successful.

mastum
Punch Card
Views: 3,968
Message 66 of 405

try downloading the latest BIOS, version: E5CN58WW. This has worked for other customers so please try it to see if it works for you.

700-17ISK 80RV S/N R90L13M1

With the new BIOS E5CN58WW the problem seems solved ONLY when the battery isn't charging.
For example, if battery is at 60% and is charging I have alway missing typed letters on occasion or intermittently.

MoD1977
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,961
Message 67 of 405

For me it looks also solved.

I worked all day today without any missing keystrokes but was on powerline not on battery.

If the Problem comes back I'll give an update.

zioroby6
Paper Tape
Views: 3,900
Message 68 of 405

Thanks for investigating into this annoying issue. It seems to be most certainly solved now while I'm using my laptop in battery conservation mode at 60% and with charger plugged in. Touchpad still has some stuttering once every 3 seconds, but that's not a major problem for me, since I use a mouse.

I hope you can also look into Lenovo Settings issue which causes Battery Conservation Mode to reset each time laptop is rebooted. There are other reports here in the forums too.

Cheers!
caliptr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,805
Message 69 of 405

I've sent mine for a repair on 13th of february, got full refund on 29 of march.

jankiel1776
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,798
Message 70 of 405

Unfortunately in my IdeaPad 700-15ISK the latest BIOS did not change anything... My keyboard is still missing letters while typing, no matter whether I work on battery or on AC adapter. And the touchpad is still lagging, every exactly 3 seconds, as other users say. I have updated all drivers also, but the problem still exists.

When I press and hold the button in the text editor, the repetition of letter gets stuck for a short time every 3 seconds, just like the touchpad. Many users claim that when they disconnect the battery from the motherboard, the problem goes away, but I did not check that in my model because I do not want to open it myself.

I am sorry for grammar mistakes, English is my second language.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors