Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BimboPan2295
What's DOS?
Views: 7,762
Message 391 of 401

Re: ideapad 700 15ISK - Keyboard missing keystrokes

Hi, guys i think i found the solution or at least the problem, i own a ideapad 700 17ISK and i had these problems:

-stuck keys(ex eeeee when pressed e once)

-some letters dont work at all (ex qwerui9 left shift...)

the problem lies in the connection of the keyboard itself, thats why some people had luck disconnecting the battery, because the two connections are very close and they keyboard flex is barely fixed, i think it it because of bad design or manufacturing process.

so to check of this is going to work for you, press hard on the top right plastic and press a key that is having problems, it should work, if it works you gotta fix the keyboard flex and battery cable with something inside for it to have a better connection(kapton tape or electrical tape).

check the image to see where to press.

this fix worked for me, and im writing this after this fix.

shix
Punch Card
Views: 7,696
Message 392 of 401

Hi BimboPan2295,

I don't know how you found this but it seems to fix the problem on my computer, I'm pretty curious if it'll work for some other people of this thread,

unfortunately for me, the last time I sent my computer for repair, I waited 6 weeks for a new copy of windows, so I already bought another computer (xiaomi notebook air 13) and the build quality is way superior than my 17isk with a screen bending under its own weight ! Such a bad experience with Ienovo ...

davadava
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,656
Message 393 of 401

@BimboPan

Man, brilliant idea... That helped me a lot! Entirely fixed my problem with Ctrl keys! Thank you so much. 

Knubbe
What's DOS?
Views: 6,159
Message 394 of 401

Hi BimboPan2295,

I have the exact same problem - my ctrl keys dosnt respond, but when i press at the top right corner they actually do. However, i am unsure how to do it - could you please describe the process of making a better connection?

Thank you very much!

Baradium
What's DOS?
Views: 5,855
Message 395 of 401

I have a 17isk with the same issue,  your solution (to hold pressure that is) does solve it, but I would also like move information before tearing into the machine if possible. 

Andrew136
Paper Tape
Views: 5,332
Message 396 of 401

Much obliged! Your solution is really helpful. The problem was in connector of keyboard flex cable. I removed the cable, very carefully cleaned electrical contacts with a napkin and inserted it again. Then the problem of CTRL keys disappeared.

Afronaut
What's DOS?
Views: 2,851
Message 397 of 401

Having the same issues and I HAVE sent it back to Lenovo, paid them the shipping and alllll that.. it seemed fixed for about 3 days after return. May try replacing battery but c'mon Lenovo..Typing, super basic, necessary... and all this trouble. Garbage.

Toni_Romero
What's DOS?
Views: 2,678
Message 398 of 401

Hi BimboPan,

I've had this problem intermittently since 3 months ago and I discovered intuitively the same workaround as you, but some day it did not work anymore and the portable could not be bent more. Apart from that, I felt ridiculous in the co-working pressing hard on my portable to recover the Ctrl key function.

What I've done (also intuitively) but it works so far (fingers crossed) is to remove that back cover, free the keyboard flat cable, cut about 0.1 -0.2 mm of it in the edge with a small pair of scissors and connect it again. 

I am sure this is a hardware problem. For some reason the cable gets deteriorated in its connection and needs to be renewed a little.

Hope this helps.

Toni

miyuu
What's DOS?
Views: 2,134
Message 399 of 401

Just purchased a Thinkpad p72 in May 2019 and i am having the same keyboard problems. 

Keyboard keeps missing keystrokes, it either cannot keep up with my blistering 60 words per minute, lol, or it's just a crap keyboard. Methinks the latter is the case. 

Having purchase regrets, this is crap! 

Toni_Romero
What's DOS?
Views: 2,132
Message 400 of 401

Following my previous message, the issue reappeared, so I thought the problem was in the touchpad cable, too, since sometimes worked when pressing the cover near the touchpad right-hand corner. I looked inside and that's exactly where the touchpad cable connection is, so I disconnected the flat cable on both ends, I cut it slightly in the edges with a pair of scissors and connected it again, and the problem has been solved. I've been working for some weeks now without a single issue.

If that's your case, it's worth giving it a try. It won't harm your computer.

Good luck!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors