Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slbusiness
Paper Tape
Views: 3,044
Message 81 of 400

Re: ideapad 700 15ISK - Keyboard missing keystrokes

I have been experiencing this issue for quite some time and thought I was just losing my mind and not typing correctly. 

I have updated the BIOS from the above reply from Lenovo, but it has still not fixed the issue. Instead, now it still misses keystroke, and also double types letters. This issue is getting out of hand and affecting my work. Writing this paragraph I have already had to change numerous words that skipped letters.

I need this laptop to work and will have difficulties returning this without a suitable alternative. Lenovo, is there any solution??

Also another issue I have noticed. Sometimes when the laptop is on battery power and I close it, it doesn't power back on even after repeated tries to press the button.

slbusiness
Paper Tape
Views: 2,975
Message 82 of 400

I just called Lenovo and they will be repairing the unit. However, they want to charge me for shipping for an issue that Lenovo should have been aware of and recalled. Really sad on Lenovo's part and I'm hesitant to shop another Lenovo laptop again if this is the build quality and customer service I can expect.

jankiel1776
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,959
Message 83 of 400

I am glad to hear that the Lenovo service in USA started to repair our notebooks at least! 

But now my question is: Have the Lenovo services in Europe, especially in Poland known about the faulty battery circuits in this laptop yet? I am afraid that If I send my Ideapad 700-15ISK for repair here in Poland, I will receive it back with no repair done, just as they did last time in January! 

Do you think I have to wait some time until the informations "how to repair this laptop" reach the service in Poland? 

caliptr
Paper Tape
Views: 2,953
Message 84 of 400

I doubt that they know a way to repair battery circuit. I've sent mine for repair here in Poalnd and after month and a half I've got a 100% refund. It's a shame because the 700 ISK has a good specs/price ratio. I've bought a Asus Zenbook and MSI PL60 returned them both as the screen quality was terrible. Now I'm waiting for the delivery of a Dell 2in1 laptop.

jankiel1776
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,938
Message 85 of 400

Did you have to argue with them or correspond many times until they accepted to give you refund? 
I suppose that if they gave you a refund, they must have known that the issue with keyboard and touchpad is impossible to repair.

By the end of the April I will have used this notebook for 6 months, so I wonder if it is a good time to ask for refund :/

caliptr
Paper Tape
Views: 2,921
Message 86 of 400

No arguing at all. I've called them twice to check what's going on as I thought it's taking too long. They said that they're trying to repair it and waiting for some parts. A week later they have contacted me and let me know that I can pickup my money Smiley Happy I think that the key for a refund was that I've sent the laptop for service thru a seller (mediamarkt).

Vioner
SCSI Port
Views: 2,777
Message 87 of 400

Hi Guys,

Problems with my laptop are back. I guess I was placeboed Oo by the drivers update and BIOS update and ignored problems until few days ago.

This time I've created a thorough video showing all the problems in one video here:
WATCH WITH ANNOTATIONS OR READ DESCRIPTION! 

I hope that this proof video will force Lenovo to treat the problem seriously.
Please comment under the video that you also have these problems.
(I didn't show the device model, I know, but I hope it's believable enough)

I'm not opening a service repair ticket and hopefully they get this fixed. (presumably the charging circuit)

dikenc
Punch Card
Views: 2,734
Message 88 of 400

Hello! My laptop was in the Lenovo service center for three times, while two times changing the motherboard. I have omissions when printing text. The problem with the keyboard and the touchpad kept the same. I'm sure the problem is in the battery. If disconnect the battery from the laptop, all problems disappear. I like this laptop in a price/quality, I do not want to return and get money back. I want Lenovo repair this big problem.

Vioner
SCSI Port
Views: 2,632
Message 89 of 400

Sorry, I've mistyped "not" insted of "now". My laptop reached service repair today. I'll notify you when I know more on the subject.

AngelosPap
Punch Card
Views: 2,610
Message 90 of 400

I really do not inderstand how laptops reach the lenovo service and come back unfixed. Even though lenovo did NOTHING to address the problem that apparently most 700-15ISKs have, the community here has traced the fault to the battery circuit doing their job for them and still no serious customer support. 

I personally sent my laptop for servicing yesterday and have included a piece of paper stating all the problems (touchpad, keyboard) and a link to the video that Vioner kindly uploaded. Hope that it doesn't get any clearer than that...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors