Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dundurlunka
What's DOS?
Views: 539
Message 1 of 2

ideapad 700-ISK card reader not working

Hello everybody,

I want to ask for help with my internal card reader on the laptop. Sometimes it works, but when I need it the most it doesn't read the card and no drive shows up in my computer. I tried installing the Genesys drivers but nothing changed. Neither can I find the reader in device manager. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Happy holidays

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 514
Message 2 of 2

Re: ideapad 700-ISK card reader not working

@dundurlunka wrote:

I want to ask for help with my internal card reader on the laptop. Sometimes it works, but when I need it the most it doesn't read the card and no drive shows up in my computer.

On my 700-15ISK with Windows 10, the SD Card Reader shows in "Device Manager" only when an SD card is inserted into the reader. The card-reader device appears in the "USB Devices" section.

Also note that in the default setup, Windows powers-down the card reader after about 30 seconds if the card is not being accessed, and the card reader then disappears from "Device Manager". If you don't want this, go to the "Power Management" tab for the card reader and disable "Allow Windows to power down this device to save energy".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors