Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liangzhang
What's DOS?
Views: 1,350
Message 1 of 3

ideapad 710S Plus: reinstall windows 10

Hi guys,

I have one question. I tried to install the CentOS 7 on my new laptop which runs a win10 on it. But by mistake, I formated all my SSD and now there is not bootable OS on it. How I can reinstall the win10 on it. Please provide one step-by-step method because I think I'm  a nut.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,342
Message 2 of 3

Re: ideapad 710S Plus: reinstall windows 10

If you just formatted the C:\ partition, you should still be able to recover using the NOVO button (see page 21 of the user manual)

Novo Menu: ‐

• Shut down the computer (press and hold the power button until it powers off) and wait at least five seconds.
  • Press the Novo button using a paper clip.   The NOVO button is just forward of the USB port on the left side of the laptop (see page 6 of the user manual) to turn on the laptop and open the Novo Menu
  • Select System Recovery >> Troubleshoot >> Reset this PC

If successful, it will return your laptop to the factory condition just as it was when you bought the laptop.

If you somehow deleted all the partitions, then you will have to do a clean install of Windows 10 either using recovery media obtained from Lenovo support for a small fee (recommended since it will restore its factory recovery/driver partitions etc.), or do a clean install of Windows 10 using the instructions from Microsoft found here.

Good Luck,

Mod's Edit:  this post was marked as the Solution based on member's feedback.

liangzhang
What's DOS?
Views: 1,302
Message 3 of 3

Re: ideapad 710S Plus: reinstall windows 10

JDGillis,

Wonderful suggestion. I just folllowed your suggestion and do the clean installation using the ISO from Microsoft and it works. Thank you so much

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors