Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezgipalaz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,302
Message 1 of 13

ideapad 720S-14IKB (Type 80XC) fingerprint windows hello problem

My fingerprint device is not working. I have scanned the forums and found a few solutions such as updating BIOS, chipset drivers, even using newer synaptics wbdi drivers for other pcs. After updating bios, fingerprint worked once but now it stopped working again. And none of the other solutions have worked at all.

In the settings it says win hello can't be used in this pc - which is untrue. In the device manager i have the little triangle warning sign on my synaptics wbdi and device status is "cannot be started (code 10)".

Real solutions are welcome. Thanks.

Tasya
What's DOS?
Views: 1,195
Message 2 of 13

Re: ideapad 720S-14IKB (Type 80XC) fingerprint windows hello problem

I have the same type of laptop and the exact same problem. Tried updating drivers, updating biometrics settings, and it still doesn't work.

ezgipalaz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,190
Message 3 of 13

try to remove device (device manager - synaptics wbdi - right click - remove device)

then restart pc (now without doing anything i can see wbdi in devices)

go to settings - find windows hello - remove all fingerprints and set them again

it is risky, but when i did this it started working. although i am not sure it will be permanent as it seems to be a problem for all.

ezgipalaz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,189
Message 4 of 13

right after i wrote message i noticed it is not working again.

PichaS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,006
Message 5 of 13

Hi,

I have 720S-14IKB (Type 81BD), bought 6th May 2018.  I also have the exact same problem with Error code 10. I did troubleshoot and updated the device. Windows is up to date. All device is up to date. After that, I have chatted (consulted) with Lenovo technical support staff and she suggested that I should try to restore the computer to factory default. I did. But it still doesn't work.  Regardless, I'm still thankful for her support. 

At the moment I'm writing here, I'm giving my computer a fresh start again. Let's see how it will turn out. 

Appreciate all the suggestions!

Anyway, how is it going for you? Has the problem been solved? 

ezgipalaz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,003
Message 6 of 13

honestly, i tried to solve it with both lenovo support and windows. then i just gave up. i am considering to send the pc to the tech service but i dont think it will help much. i hope things will go better for you, keeping fingers crossed. please keep us posted if you manage to solve it.

good luck

Pabloariel
What's DOS?
Views: 936
Message 7 of 13

I have the same PC, bought in March 2018 and just noticed I have exactly the same problem. All the solutions you can find online did not solve my problem. I updated everything including the BIOS, deleted it from the device manager and restarting it more than 10 times. Nothing...

Please could you get back to this topic if you solve your problem.

Thank you!

PichaS
Paper Tape
Views: 925
Message 8 of 13

Hi,

The fresh start worked for a while., like 1 week. After that I got error code 10 again.  I could get it back on by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. But after I had Windows updated (version 1803 (KB4284848)), it does not work anymore. Even though I tried uninstalling and reinstall the driver, many times. 

It is so frustrating. Do you have any ideas of who should be responsible for this? In other words, where the problem lies? 

I'm so sick of doing fresh start, which will remove all your installed app for example MS office, internet browsers, antivirus. 

/Picha

Pabloariel
What's DOS?
Views: 867
Message 9 of 13

Hello again,

Sorry for my slow reply. I've been trying to solve it for the past week and just today, after a windows update (it was automatic, so not sure what it was), it works again!! Not sure if it will work for long but for now it's fine. 

Let me know if there is anything I can check on my computer to make yours work.

Good luck!

P.

ezgipalaz
Paper Tape
Views: 864
Message 10 of 13

just updated. no change. so angry, so sick and tired.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors