Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlongobardo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,111
Message 1 of 5

lcd screen upgrade for flex 4 1470 80sa

I have a HD Flex 4 1470 80 SA notebook, Intel pentium with a low resolution screen.  It has an intel 510 graphics card.  I noticed there is another version of the 1470 80 SA also with Intel Pentium that has a full HD  IPS LCD screen. It has an intel 520 graphics card.  My question is....can you replace the screen with the higher resolution model to upgrade to the higher resolution?  I believe that I can, but will I need to replace the  510 graphics driver with the 520 driver, and will the existing LCD cable work also or will I have to replace that?  The manuals show both the units using the same cable part number.  Is it possible to do this as I would really like to upgrade to the full HD IPS resolution screen.  I have located a very affordable and compatible high resolution screen made for the flex 4 not sure about if it will work based upon the questions above.  Thanks. 

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,098
Message 2 of 5

Re: lcd screen upgrade for flex 4 1470 80sa

Similar post:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Upgrade-LCD-screen-on-a-Flex-4-1470-80S...

It clarifies the cable needed??

Could you also paste a link as to where you are wanting to buy this screen from?

jlongobardo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,069
Message 3 of 5

Here us the link to the site that sells the replacement laptop screens for the lenovo 1470. The price for the replacement FHD screen is incredible. Make sure you notice that the HD and FHD screens are listed on the same page. I think the glossy is a better choice.

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Lenovo/FLEX%204%2080SA%20SERIES/

Let me know what you think.
jlongobardo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,009
Message 4 of 5

For all of you looking to upgrade your flex 4 from a HD screen to a high resolution screen I wanted to report that I installed this screen and it works great!! It is compatible with the unit, no new cable is required and if you follow instructions in the attached video it will only take you about 30 min to replace. Total cost for a brand new full HD screen is only $50. Go to latptopscreen.com. The link to the video that shows how to install it at you tube is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZ-iZzW6V8

this if for the yoga 2 but the install is identical, follow the instructions and you will have an incredibly great LCD.
IMiteBeWrong
Paper Tape
Views: 489
Message 5 of 5

I also replaced my screen with the above; there is no need to worry about separation of screen from the touch panel, it lifts off easily, as the adhesive is only around the edge and not on the lcd itself. The screen is a huge upgrade from the stock one that comes with the unit!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors