Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ero64
Blue Screen Again
Views: 929
Message 1 of 5

lenovo flex 14 with the (optional) active pen

I had recently gotten a Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 touchscreen, 14-inch, laptop. I know it's supposed to have an optional Lenovo Active Pen. What exact pen is for it?

I want to make sure to get the correct one for my new laptop, as I've also seen other reviews of trying to find the pen. Many of the different pens they had gotten were incompatible with the device. I wish to not accidentally spend money on getting the wrong pen as they had. When checking the laptops' settings, it states that the "pen and touch support with 10 touch points."

Thanks for reading my problem

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 873
Message 2 of 5

Re: lenovo flex 14 with the (optional) active pen

Hi there, Ero64! 

Welcome to the forum group discussion. 

Just to confirm, are you referring to the Lenovo Flex 14 laptop (specs http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Laptops/Lenovo_Flex_2_14?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6)? If yes, the laptop use a capacitive-type of display and you need to use a capacitive-type of pen that can mimic the fingers. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

waspinator
What's DOS?
Views: 457
Message 3 of 5

There are many different types of Lenovo Flex 14 models, and not all of them have support for an active stylus.

For example, 81EM001DUS supports them but 81SQ0000US does not.

I think it would be better if the naming was more clear, or better yet if they didn't release so many different models and avoid this kind of confusion.

Andymax
What's DOS?
Views: 399
Message 4 of 5

I called talked to Lenovo and they said the 81SQ DOES use the capacitive pen.  They said the Active Pen or the Active Pen 2 work with it.  I'm very confused now.  Anyone have more to say about this?  I also don't know how the 2 pens differ, in terms of user experience, and also wehether or not I should consider 3rd party Pens such as those made by Logitech.  I know the Active Pen 2 uses bluetooth, but that doesn't tell me much. 

Thanks!

waspinator
What's DOS?
Views: 385
Message 5 of 5

I have used both models and the 81SQ does not work with the pen supplied with the 81EM, which is an active pen.

Capacitive pens have no electronics and are just "finger simulators". They do not have pressure sensitivitiy, they don't have a cursor hover, and they don't prevent your real fingers from triggering the screen.

Active pens have electronics in them, often with a battery. They work much better than capacitive pens if you want to write or draw. If you only want to avoid finger prints on your screen, the capcaitive pens could be okay.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors