Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
optimal7114
Fanfold Paper
Views: 253
Message 1 of 4

lenovo ideapad 100-15ibd sleep not available and fn not working

I've tried reinstalling windows, updating bios, updating windows and drivers. Can't change screen brightness. Using windows 7.

optimal7114
Fanfold Paper
Views: 240
Message 2 of 4

Re: lenovo ideapad 100-15ibd sleep not available and fn not working

FN seems to be working now, fixed it in the bios. But still can't change brightness or put it on sleep.
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 227
Message 3 of 4

@optimal7114 wrote:
But still can't change brightness or put it on sleep.

For "Sleep" to be offered as a choice in the "Shutdown" menu, all devices on your system have to have valid drivers that support sleep mode.  If there is a device that is missing a driver, (or a device whose driver says that it does not support sleep), Windows will not offer "Sleep" as a choice on the "Shutdown" menu.

So, the first thing to do is to go to the Windows "Device Manager" panel and see if there are any devices that are flagged as not working.

If you are using Windows 7, I think that you can adjust the screen brightness via Windows "Control Panel":

(1) Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Display" > "Adjust brightness" (left side menu).

(2) At the bottom of the screen there is a "Screen brightness" slider control.  Drag that left or right to decrease or increase the brightness of the screen.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

optimal7114
Fanfold Paper
Views: 220
Message 4 of 4

The thing is, that the slider does not exist. The whole brightness section is gone. I'll try to check the drivers when I can get to the laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors