Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BogartPoe
Paper Tape
Views: 891
Message 1 of 2

lenovo ideapad 100 shutting down with out warning

hi guys im having a problem in my computer it shut down randomly without any warnings it just go black and when i try to boot my computer it wont display any just black then when in a couple hours it will open but it will shutdown it self again

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 798
Message 2 of 2

Re: lenovo ideapad 100 shutting down with out warning

From what you describe, my guess is that it could be heat related, because of the laptop gets too hot it will shut down to protect itself, and then not reboot until they have had time to cool.

Computers are dust and pet fur magnets, so make sure that the air vents are clean.     A Compressed Gas Duster, and a good vacuum will normally suffice, but in some cases the laptop may have to be disassembled to clean completely, and if so equipped, clean the fan itself.

I believe tha that the ideapad 100- 14IBY and 115IBY models just use a large heat sink and do not have cooling fans, but if you have the Ideapad 100-15IBD, make sure the fan is actually working, and that you can feel cool air being drawn in, and hot air being moved out of the laptop.   If not, the laptop would need to be serviced.

Best of luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors