Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yyy1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 40,153
Message 1 of 30

lenovo ideapad 320 keyboard completely stopped working

Hi, I have a fairly new (3 month old) lenovo ideapad 320 laptop. Yesterday the keyboard completely stopped working. I have attached a remote keyboard to log on and type this. I have updated windows and lenovo. I have gone into lenovo solution centre and completed all hardware scans etc. I have rebooted numerous times. I have done everything that the forums recomend but no fix. The only thing I haven't done in open up the back and remove the battery  and turn the computer off and on, as that does not seem like something easy and I am worried I will break something. This is extreamly frustrating and hoping that someone can tell me what to do?

kind regards Y

Maranan
What's DOS?
Views: 39,751
Message 2 of 30

Re: lenovo ideapad 320 keyboard completely stopped working

I had the same issue.  I realized that I had recently loaded the AOL Datamask program into my IdeaPad 320 and the purpose of the program is to hide keystrokes so no outsider can see what you are typing.  I thought maybe AOL Datamask might be interfering with my keyboard, so I uninstalled it, powered off and restarted.  My keyboard worked after the restart and I haven't had any problems since then.

SW181
Paper Tape
Views: 39,662
Message 3 of 30

I have exactly the same problem since yesterday.

Lenovo Ideapad 320 keyboard just died on me.

I tried the Lenovo reset button - and reinstalled Windows 10

------ but still keyboard fails, and now I cant complete my Windows install.

I sent trouble ticket, with model, serial number etc to Lenovo - but still not reply back!

This is Soooooooooooooo frustrating!

Bandus
What's DOS?
Views: 39,552
Message 4 of 30

Hello!

I had the same problem. https://deepakorg48.blogspot.hu/2017/11/lenovo-ideapad-320-keyboard-not-working.html this method solved the problem. I had to make a few try before the fn+s+v combination worked.

Good luck!

Prit12
Fanfold Paper
Views: 39,532
Message 5 of 30

me too your problem has been solve so give me reference pls ok
SeniorGuru
Views: 39,269
Message 6 of 30

Try this (thanks to Bandus) per the link above:

Step 1: Remove the charger or any other external device like USB Keyboard/Mouse/Camera etc.
Step 2: Shut Down the system properly.
Step 3: Now press Fn+S+V (For disabling the internal battery) (for 20 Seconds)
Step 4: Now take a pin and put it in Factory Reset hole and press for confirming the step 3 is done properly or not. (only side light will glow)
Step 5: Connect the charger now.
Step 6: Again follow the step 4, this time system will restart and you will get 4 options.
Step 7: Chose BIOS Setup and hit enter.
Step 8: Press F9 for default BIOS setting then yes and exit with save changes.

This should perform a reset on the computer, then allow the keyboar to work.  It is unclear whether or not the user lost files during the procedure, in this case I would assume this performs a factory reset to the software as well as the hardware just to be safe, make sure you back up user files, if at all possible before the procedure is followed.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
mhinkle
Paper Tape
Views: 36,873
Message 7 of 30

Hello, I do not have the exact same problem here but similar.

My Lenovo was working perfectly but after a reboot I cannot type anything with the keyboard or keypad so I can't even get logged in to go to any website or even access the local filesystem.

I tried every key and combination of keys I can think of. I tried restarting, I tried powering down then up but nothing seems to work.

The caps lock button does not work-the light does not come on when you press it. sometimes the numlock seems to work (the light comes on) but not everytime you press the button and still does not allow any number or letter keys to type.

This notebook is only a few months old and first problem I have encountered.

How could the keys stop working?

And more importantly, how do I get them to work again?

Mod's edit: this post was merged with member's other posts.

mhinkle
Paper Tape
Views: 36,874
Message 8 of 30

Hi, where is the "Factory Reset hole" ?
mhinkle
Paper Tape
Views: 36,873
Message 9 of 30

Also, if you shut down the system properly in step 2 how would the key combination in step 3 work as there is no power after shutdown??
mhinkle
Paper Tape
Views: 36,872
Message 10 of 30

AND, the problem is that NO KEYS are working so the key combination would not do anything in my case...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors