cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeniorGuru
Views: 4,694
Message 11 of 30

Re: lenovo ideapad 320 keyboard completely stopped working

If the keyboard is not working no matter what you try, it may be in "tablet mode" and if you lack a touch screen it may be a bit more difficult to work around.

Try using a USB keyboard, and see if it works. If possible try a mouse as well.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
mhinkle
Paper Tape
Views: 4,693
Message 12 of 30

tried the mouse; it works but can't get logged in to get to a virtual keyboard. I'll see if I can find a usb keyboard to try. IF that works, how do i get my laptop keyboard back?
SeniorGuru
Views: 4,689
Message 13 of 30

If the USB keyboard works try getting into the system (log in) the check Device Manager for yellow or red marks on items, or any unknown devices.

If all good in DM, check the Keyboard properties, then Ease of Access properties. This is usually found in Control Panel or by using Cortana.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
mhinkle
Paper Tape
Views: 4,687
Message 14 of 30

Thanks CB, I will try it tonight.
ismailsm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,623
Message 15 of 30

Leave it for 1 week. I had also the same problem once & than came to know that it was because I was updating Windows when I received a questionnaire from Microsoft asking whether there was any difficulty during updating i.e. browser, laptop etc.

mhinkle
Paper Tape
Views: 4,615
Message 16 of 30

Hi, thanks for responding but I'm not sure I understand what you said.

Are you saying to leave it alone for a week and it will start working again magically?

SeniorGuru
Views: 4,585
Message 17 of 30

He left it alone for a week? Probably just got busy on other projects then came back to find that it had pulled in a major update to windows.

It is true, windows updates can mess with functionality until the process is finished. Sometimes checking for updates will tell you if it is downloading / installing in the back ground.

Have you tried a USB keyboard yet?
CB

ismailsm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,566
Message 18 of 30

That's correct. Automatically, it started working after 1 week. Later, when I received questionnaire from Microsoft whether you had any difficulty in laptop usage during Windows updation like browser etc. than I realised it was because of MAJOR Windows update (more than 1 GB) the reason for the keyboard not working including USB keyboard. I tried all the suggestions in the community but to no avail. It was because of Windows updation.

SeniorGuru
Views: 4,550
Message 19 of 30

So true...

Funny - I have never received a "survey" or anything of the sort from Microsoft - they may be a little scared of what I would say to them... Grin.

mhinkle
Paper Tape
Views: 4,520
Message 20 of 30

Hi CB,

no I was out of town all weekend so I haven't had a chance to try the USB keyboard. It's my goal for tonight.

Thanks ismailsm for your response too.

Maybe when I fire it up tonight I won't even need the USB keyboard Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors