Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abdelhady
Paper Tape
Views: 851
Message 1 of 9

lenovo ideapad 520 crackling sound from laptop speakers

my new lenovo ideapad 520 speakers make crackling sound while playing any audio and thats only happen when its plugged in and charging 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 800
Message 2 of 9

Re: lenovo ideapad 520 crackling sound from laptop speakers

Hi abdelhady! 

Welcome to the community forums! 

To isolate hardware from software issue. Please try to connect a headphone jack while connected to the charger. See if you still hear the same crackling sound. If you hear the same sound on the headphones, update the latest audio drivers coming from Lenovo support site: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?Source=social_eservices&Medium=LITHIUM&Term=eServices_&Content=201...

If you don't hear the sound while on earphones, this is isolated with the speakers or body of the laptop getting grounded when the charger is connected. 

Let us know what you found out.

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Moderator comment: Link expanded for transparency.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

abdelhady
Paper Tape
Views: 792
Message 3 of 9

Hi

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 786
Message 4 of 9

I see. Since you already updated the drivers, but still getting a crackling sound, then it is a hardware issue. We suggest contacting our local support here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist for warranty repairs. Let us know if you need additional information.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

TinyMats
What's DOS?
Views: 758
Message 5 of 9

It is obvious you speakers is blown that’s the reason for the crackling sound. However you either replace the speakers or use handset or external speakers. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 756
Message 6 of 9

We'd like to know for sure. Please get in touch with the local support for repair options. This is to avoid further damage to the laptop.

Regards,

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

abdelhady
Paper Tape
Views: 753
Message 7 of 9

will do as soon as i got the time to
abdelhady
Paper Tape
Views: 753
Message 8 of 9

the crackling sound has nothing to do with the speaker itself , the crackling sounds happen whether  i am useing the speaker of handset while charging 

FadyT
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 552
Message 9 of 9

I Have this issue too with the same laptop model and sent it to the warranty saying that there is no hardware problem after they have checked it would you please tell me what you have done as I am still suffernig from that crackling sound ?!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors