Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aliengtr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 167
Message 1 of 7

lenovo next 4 -1470 80sa wont boot

lenovo next 4 -1470 80sa wont boot, powers up to lenovo screen then thats it  or it flashes message of doing auto repair but nothing happens...booted with pinhole start to bios, all seems normal ssd drive is present, laptop has no cd drive, tried recovery from 4 optioons (bios etc) and nothing there either. I get a backlit screen with mouse cursor that works,but no software. do I just nee restore software from lenovo? download to a thumbdrive or something?

thanks for any help in advance

by the way, if it wont do a factory restore,does that mean ssd hd is dead? do I need restore files?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 140
Message 2 of 7

Re: lenovo next 4 -1470 80sa wont boot

Hi aliengtr,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Since you've already tried doing a factory reset using the NOVO button and it's still not booting to Windows possible that the hidden partition has been corrupted. Please try to check this link to see if you're still eligible to download a digital copy of the recovery media just enter the serial number of your laptop. 

Try to save it on your USB flash drive and use it to reinstall the OS on your laptop.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

aliengtr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 128
Message 3 of 7

hi thanks for your help, I am trying to use the lenovo usb recovery creator and while it downloads the file,it seems that I get an eror saying rfc file not foudn when trying to load to usb stick,I looked in downloaded files and found a rfc file (but it had another extension after it (.prg),I deleted that extension and then the creator recognized it as an rfc file.doubt this will work.why am I getting this error? something to do with order I put in (1 time thing?)

thanks

Denis

Highlighted
aliengtr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 121
Message 4 of 7

hi ok, finally got the usb recoervy stick creator done succesfully,however when I hard boot to it, I get a levono logo and then the circle beneath it turns for a while and then the screen goes blank (this is booting off the usb recovery stick, do I have a bad ssd?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 118
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the update. 

Go back to BIOS settings then Load Setup Defaults and observe if it will have the same issue when booting to Windows. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

aliengtr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 116
Message 6 of 7

okupdate, I set bios to defaults, rebooted with recovery disc,after a long wait I finally go to the levono green/blue/yellow product recovery screen, it says : modified usb stick letter to z, all image files found and now it has a green block, but has not advanced,hopefully I should just wait and let it load?

thanks for help

Denis

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 100
Message 7 of 7

Hi aliengtr,

Thanks for getting back to us. It usually takes a while, you need to wait until it's done loading. Keep us posted if you're still having issues. 

Regards! 

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors