English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-23-2018

RO

4 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 2

maintaining battery capacity on ideapad 530s laptop

2018-11-26, 20:25 PM

Hello

I recently bought a 530S Ideapad laptop which has a build-in battery.

I would like to know how to maintain the battery's capacity. Browsing the web, one can find a great number of  tips ( let the battery discharge completely before recharging, working with your battery connected to power etc.).

I am aware of the fact that, in time, the battery life shortens gradually. But if there is something  I can do to postpone it, I would very much like to know.

Thank you for your help.

Solved! See the solution
Options

9694 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6741 Signins

727863 Page Views

• Views: 727863
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: maintaining battery capacity on ideapad 530s laptop

2018-11-26, 22:00 PM

Hi AndreeaCamelia,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Here are some battery tips that you can follow to extend battery life.

About battery discharge, it is better not to allow battery to reach full discharge before recharging it. Best care for Li battery is keeping it between 20-80 %. Avoid low discharge and overcharge . Battery drain should only be done to calibrate wrong battery recognition or if there is a battery problem. 

Heat is always a major factor in battery life. Keep the machine cool and have the vents free from obstruction at all times. When you have access to a direct charge, best to use it plugged in. This would direct power consumption from the battery preventing charge- discharge cycles on it.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save