cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philbr41
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 1 of 3

memory upgrade on 330-17IKB (Type 81DM) Laptop (ideapad)

According to Lenovo Solution Center, my 330-17IKB (Type 81DM) Laptop (ideapad) has two memory slots, each with 4gb of memory. Wanting to double that, I ordered two 8gb cards. But when I went in to change them out there is only one slot. I changed out the one card and the system recognizes it. Now the solution center says I have two slots, one with 4gb and one with 8gb. Where is the other slot?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 35
Message 2 of 3

Re: memory upgrade on 330-17IKB (Type 81DM) Laptop (ideapad)

Hello and welcome,

Per the base spec:

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Laptops/ideapad%20330%20(17_)%20Intel/ideapad_330_1...

16GB max / 2400MHz DDR4, dual-channel capable,
optional 4GB memory soldered to systemboard, one DDR4 SO-DIMM socket

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

philbr41
Paper Tape
Views: 29
Message 3 of 3

Re: memory upgrade on 330-17IKB (Type 81DM) Laptop (ideapad)

Thanks for the reply. Any thoughts as to why they would solder memory into the motherboard?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors