Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atexit8
Punch Card
Views: 1,544
Message 1 of 5

new owner of Ideapad 120S

I am a new owner of a Ideapad 120S purchased yesterday on Black Friday.

I have mostly owned Dell laptops previously.

I am guessing that when I power the laptop the first thing I need to do is create a backup on a USB flash drive.

Any gotchas I should know about?

Guru
Views: 1,537
Message 2 of 5

Re: new owner of Ideapad 120S

Yep, backing up is a good practice.  

Other than that, you should be good to go.  Enjoy your new machine!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Highlighted
Ryath
What's DOS?
Views: 1,516
Message 3 of 5

Considering picking up a 120s can get a very good deal on a 32gb version, Was wondering if a ssd drive can be added. See it was possible on the 110

Guru
Views: 1,514
Message 4 of 5

If it's a 32GB eMMC model, then it will be soldered on to the system board.  But if the model has a PCIe or SATA hard drive, then yes, it can be upgraded. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

southjerseyboy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,440
Message 5 of 5

I have seen that on older models with emmc drive, there was an available m.2 slot on the mb where you could put in an m.2 drive. Can you do that in the ideapad 120s? Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors