English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-19-2017

UA

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 3

problems with memory ssd disk

2017-09-19, 13:55 PM

I installed Windows on a new laptop without an OS, now I have C drive with little memory. I want to expand the drive, but the function is not available, since both spaces before and after C drive are filled with some sections created by the system, and I can not manage them. There is a unallocated disk space that I want to use to expand the disk C. Here is a screenshot for better understan. Can I expand the C drive somehow? Or is it possible to delete this section that is located between the C drive and the free space? thank you

Solved! See the solution
Options

11167 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6973 Signins

737799 Page Views

• Views: 737799
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: problems with memory ssd disk

2017-09-19, 14:11 PM

Hi ipopovych,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Before any changes, make sure that you have backed up all files needed.

Right click to delete the 450MB  drive (between C and unused space) then extend C drive to all the maximum capacity.

Others may use tool, aside from reinstalling Windows deleting all previously created partition and reformatting it all together.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

09-19-2017

UA

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: problems with memory ssd disk

2017-09-19, 14:29 PM

Thanks a lot, it works. I was just not sure if I can delete that  450MB  drive or not, because it was not possible using the standart tool, but I deleted it using partition manager and now I have my C drive  extended.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete