Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vazi
What's DOS?
Views: 16,915
Message 1 of 12

touchpad scroll doesn't work ideapad100

Hi.I bought brand new laptop Lenovo ideapad 100 15 Iby.I got windows 10 Home edition.I download all drivers and my scrolling doesn't work.Did everybody know wwhat is the problem,and did this model support scrolling on it's touchpad.

Thank you and regards

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 16,847
Message 2 of 12

Re: touchpad scroll doesn't work ideapad100

Hello Vazi, welcome to the community,

unfortunately the information that I have is that the IdeaPad 100 15IBY doesn't support multi-touch gestures.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Vazi
What's DOS?
Views: 16,844
Message 3 of 12

Thank you,Andy.You are very helpful.I will buy a mouse and problem is solved Smiley Happy.Thank you again.

atanasmk16
Paper Tape
Views: 16,633
Message 4 of 12

then why I can use multitouch gestures on ubuntu?

murksi
What's DOS?
Views: 16,572
Message 5 of 12

There is for sure something wrong with the win10 driver. If you try to open the mouse settings from the (old) control panel it takes about 2min before the dialog box appears. By then the usual touchpad tab is missing.

Without this functionality a touchpad is practically useless. Lenovo please fix this!

darealfaleX01
Paper Tape
Views: 16,384
Message 6 of 12

The touchpad, if it works, accepts multitouch, there are even videos in the drivers folder how to use them.

BUT: The driver doesn't work properly:

Scrolling (either 2-finger or side-of-pad) with Sentelic Touchpad doesn't work. Somehow the driver application for gesture modification etc. doesn't start.

Please help!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-Sentelic-Touchpad/m-...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/IdeaPad-100S-11IBY-touchpad-scrolling/t...

alexey-k
What's DOS?
Views: 16,068
Message 7 of 12

for ideapad 100 users who has sentelic touchpad, to make all gestures incl 2 finger scroll work, do following

download synaptics driver - http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php 

disable driver signature enforcement (this is slightly unsafe, read about risks and decide for yourself)

then unzip and install driver manually through device manager:

open ps/2 compatible mouse device

Go to Driver tab and select Update Driver

Select Browse my computer for driver software

Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Select Have Disk...

Select Browse...

Select the extracted driver folder

agree to install driver without digital signature.

after reboot synaptics icon will appear in the tray, and all gestures will start to work.

to lenovo rep: win 8.1 and win 10 driver for ideapad's 100-15iby sentelic touchpad could not be installed correctly, after install and reboot sentelic tray app closes itself. this is why scroll doesnt work.

driver downloaded from windows 10 auto update also has the same problem, because it is the same driver which is available from lenovo ideapad's 100-15iby support page.

so do your work and tell those dumb driver programmers that they need to fix this sh1tty driver or to ask synaptics to sign generic one for them.

this is only lenovo's fault for supplying driver that doesnt work.

sentelic touchpad itself are near-clone of synaptics touchpad, and has all multitouch capabilities of it(3 finger). with correct driver it works out of the box, you can witness this in linux.

Mod's Edit: Marked this posting as the Solution since is has verfied responses that it worked.

atanasmk16
Paper Tape
Views: 15,991
Message 8 of 12

I tried what you explained in this post and must say - Thank you.

I'm using Lenovo Ideapad 100-15IBY

Now after all the time spent on trying to fix the gestures, I can scroll using the touchpad. And I need it, because most of the time I'm using it for typing (programming) and I really like the idea not to use mouse when I don't need it. I knew it wasn't the laptop fault, because on Ubuntu I got the dualtouch from first boot...

Thanks again.

Highlighted
llavig
What's DOS?
Views: 15,877
Message 9 of 12

Hi! 

I did as you said and it works GREAT! Thank you so much! 

Can you tell me if it's ok to enable driver signature enforcement now? 

atanasmk16
Paper Tape
Views: 15,856
Message 10 of 12

Hi, i think actually that after the first reboot it automatically goes back to enabled. But you can enable it if you think it's not on.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors