Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plato1123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,011
Message 11 of 12

Re: touchpad scroll doesn't work ideapad100

The idea that you can turn off driver signature enforcement and install another brand (Synaptic's) drivers seems to be made up nonsense.  Which Synaptic driver are we supposed to install at that link, the Windows 10 driver?  All of Synaptics drivers are digitally signed, why would we do the (really difficult, nearly impossible) task of turning off signature enforcement if we're installing signed Synaptic drivers?  Also, can't help but notice you wanted us to install a synaptic PS2 driver even though the ideapad's touchpad is HID/USB.  This is all pretty clearly nonsense.

edit: I installed the Synaptic driver (without disabling driver enforcement) and got a message that it couldn't connect to the ps/2 device.  I could not open the touchpad control panel and there was no additional functionality whatsoever.

plato1123
Paper Tape
Views: 991
Message 12 of 12

Re: touchpad scroll doesn't work ideapad100

Here's a video that demonstrates what Alexey-k was describing above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OocQMkJ6Ib8 HOWEVER it doesn't work, at least on my 100s-11iby because unlike in the video there is no ps/2 driver to replace with the synaptic ps2 driver... apparently this touchpad does not use ps2, only hid.  So still no scrolling, as hard as that is to believe.  Unless you want to install Linux then i guess the scrolling works.  Lenovo, please do the bare minimum and write drivers for this touchpad.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors