Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iomegauae
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,006
Message 1 of 7

Battery Icon and Network Icon Displayed on ix4-200d

Dear Support,

My iomega ix4-200d is in booting loop and sometimes shows Batery icon and Network icon on display. I have my datas in it.

Now cant access to network shares and can't even reach the network interface IP address. I don't know what happened.

Please help me regain the access and my data. I trust there must be a way in worst case scenarios like this.

Regards,

popich36
Paper Tape
Views: 435
Message 2 of 7

Re: Battery Icon and Network Icon Displayed on ix4-200d

Exact same thing just started with mine.  Battery and Network sign appears then reboots.  Tried following jtcasas post for correcting the boot loop but didnt resolve my problemm  My hardware is out of date and full of family videos....  Was hoping buying a NAS i would secure everything.

"Large Battery Icon and Network Icon Displayed on ix4-300d  jtcases 10-05-2013"

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 421
Message 3 of 7

Hello it looks like you posted mutiple times on the thread. Could you give us some details on how your unit is failing?  How did he unit get into this state?

popich36
Paper Tape
Views: 399
Message 4 of 7

Hello, the nas just started doing this on every boot and eventually reboots on its own so it's stuck in a boot loop.  As soon as 25% is hit on the loader the battery and network symbol appear.  I can't access the admin portal and my router never sees the device.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 376
Message 5 of 7

Hello can you please verify that you have taken the following steps?

Can you please also let us know what version of firmware is on the unit? 

If the device is not responding, proceed with the following instructions:

Power down the device and reseat all the drives in the device. Power the device back on.

If this doesn’t allow unit to boot, continue with below process.

1. Turn off the device and pull out all the drives.

2. Place any other drive 2, 3 or 4 in the first slot and boot up the device.

3. Wait for sometime as the boot-up process can be slow.

a. If it doesn’t boot, try another disk in slot 1.

4. If it boots up correctly, insert another disk in slot 2.

- Check UI for disk detection.
            a. If second disk is detected, turn it off, place disk 3 and 4 in unit and boot up.
            b. If it doesn’t boot-up correctly, remove 3 or 4 and retry. You may need to try to determine if 3 or 4 is bad in this case.

5. Recreate the volume if it doesn’t start regenerating automatically

popich36
Paper Tape
Views: 364
Message 6 of 7

Hello, I have tried these steps 1-3 with different drives and still cannot get the nas to boot correctly, same boot loop with the same symbols.  I was running on firmware updated in 2018, but since I cant login to see I do not know the exact version.  Thanks

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 354
Message 7 of 7

If this is a firwware issue and the device is not longer accessable via any method you may need to attempt to run the imager tool. 

Unfortunatley we can't give that out over the fourms.  Can you please try and open an electronic ticket with support?

http://download.lenovo.com/lenovoemc/eu/en/app/ask/index.html

This link should work for you to request access to the  imager.  

Directions on how to use the tool will be supplied with it. 

Before you run the tool..........

Do you have a backup of the data

It is advised if you want to retain the data that you would run the same version of firmware imager that already exits on the unit. You said the unit was updated in 2018. That being said there is no way for me to really know what version was on it due to from what I can tell the previous version of firmware berfore this year was released in 2015. 

If using a back level firmware doesn’t work then you can try the lastest imager. But please understand you will likely lose the data.

1)By running the tool the data may be completely removed.....This is why its super important to have a backup......You can try to run the tool with the drives removed first. But with this older version of hardware I am not sure that will work. 

2)We cannot guarantee that using the tool will solve the issue, it is given as best effort.

3)Most importantly….. if the imager further damages the unit or it does not resolve their issue we cannot replace unit which is out of warranty.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors