Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Datacenter StorageLenovo Iomega Networking Storage
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

03-07-2015

Ecuador

4 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 71 of 76

Re: Home Media Network HD died after firmware upgrade

2015-03-09, 23:41 PM

BTW for those who are trying this solution ... I found I could use my other WD network drive on the system running Parted Magic  viewed from the "Go" tab under "Network" and used for normal Copy Past or Move operations for the files I wanted back. In Parted magic  you can open two windows to view both drives. Using this method I now have recovered all my 1.9 TB of data without problem.

Moderator Edited. Please treat fellow community members with respect, per the Community Rules.

Options

4 Posts

06-29-2015

e

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 72 of 76

2015-06-29, 3:09 AM

Hola Wealey_Lenovo

Estoy con el mismo problema requiero que me indiques los pasos para recuperar o restaurar la Firmware para recuperar el disco y la informacion

El equipo no tiene garantia

S/N:6CD225171A

Options

1143 Posts

05-07-2015

United States of America

601 Signins

9247 Page Views

• Views: 9247
  • Message 73 of 76

2015-06-29, 16:28 PM

Hello drope2044,

Please see my reply on this thread:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Iomega-Desktop-Network-Storage/Iomega-home-media-network-no-despierta/td-p/1285599/page/2
Options

10 Posts

10-02-2015

Canada

10 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 74 of 76

2015-10-02, 18:22 PM

I upgraded firmware to 3.2.14.30167 which caused me problem not being able to get to the home page of my HMNHD via a browser to access all its various functions. Fortunately I can still see it in my Network inside Windows 7 File Explorer. I was therefore able to backup all contents on the HMNHD onto another network drive.

I contacted Lenovo support in my region through online chat to request for the Lenovo Imager to re-image the HMNHD back to the original factory firmware. I needed to commit to a Non-Disclosure Agreement of not releasing the Lenovo Imager to anyone and accept that re-imaging could destroy all existing contents on the HMNHD. After that, the Lenovo Support staff gave me a link to download the Imager and the instructions to re-image the firmware on my HMNHD.

The whole process was pretty easy. Done within 30 minutes. My HMNHD is now running on original factory firmware 3.2.3.15290. I can now access its homepage via a browser. Interestingly, all contents on the HMNHD are intact as before the re-imaging of firmware i.e. I lost no data . How amazing!

Below are the steps on the re-imaging procedure so that other can see that it is pretty easy to do. But each user has to contact Lenovo Support to obtain the Lenovo Imager individually.

Imaging a Lenovo (Iomega) NAS device:

You will need a flash drive (at least 2GB) formatted FAT32 and a Windows 7 64 bit PC in order to complete the steps below:

*Some ix4-300d devices only require the reset button to be held for about 15 seconds when imaging to 4.0.8.These devices will show "USB Boot..." on the display, release the reset button when this appears.

**Windows 7, 64 bit, is not absolutely required, but has offered the best results with our imager

1. Download the appropriate imager via the link you were provided by your support agent.

2. The imager will be in a compressed file, it will need to be unzipped
 (7zip is a free utility that can accomplish this).

3. There may be instructions in the form of a PDF file included, these instructions replace those.

4. Also in the zipped file will be an .exe file listed as an application, run this and it will ask  you where you want to install the imager.

5. Direct the application to install the imager to the FAT32 flash drive.

6. The NAS will need to be powered down at this point.

7. Connect the flash (with the imager installed) to one of the USB ports on the NAS.

8. Press and hold the recessed reset button (usually located on the back of the NAS, marked by two arrows in a circle) while powering up the NAS.

9. The reset button will need to be held until the network and flash symblos are shown on the device display
 (or about one minute for devices not equipped with a display).

10. Release the reset button after the expected display appears or after one minute, depending on your device.

11. Once the NAS has been successfully flashed, it will power itself down (the process should take about 15
  minutes).

12. Unplug the USB device, wait about one minute and power up the NAS.  After the boot process completes, the
  device should be restored to a factory state.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Note, if you are getting an "Unable to clean removable drive" error from the imager when installing it onto the drive, please attempt to clean the drive. This can be done with a utility called Ccleaner (also free).

**The imager .exe file includes an uninstaller. After the imaging process is complete you will need to run the uninstaller in order to return the USB drive to its original storage capacity.

Options

1 Posts

09-06-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 75 of 76

2019-09-06, 5:21 AM

Hi drdtyc,

Any chance you may still have that FW flash utility?

HDD is dead, would rather not throw this thing in the trash.

Thanks,

Options

10 Posts

10-02-2015

Canada

10 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 76 of 76

2019-09-06, 14:23 PM

Sorry! I have no copy of it.

Best is to email Lenonvo Support and will send you the firmware after checking the serial number of your drive, if I remember correctly.

BTW, my drive is still going strong.

Good luck!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms