Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Datacenter StorageLenovo Iomega Networking Storage
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-02-2014

Washington, DC

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 1

Home Media Network folders inaccessible

2014-07-02, 21:54 PM

For some reason I can no longer access the files on my 1TB Iomega Home Media Network NAS. The Storage Manager software can find the drive and it shows up in my Windows Explorer Network. In both places the folders are visible, although in Storage Manager they each now have a ?: before the name which seems to mean there is no drive letter attached. I have reset the drive using the pinhole and I can see the folders,configure the drive, but cannot acces the folders.

When I click on any folder in Storage Manager I get a "Map Network Drive" dialog box. I click Finish and get a user name/password dialog. I fill it out and click OK and "Attempting to connect to \\192.xxx.xxx.xxx\foldername. But it never connects.

In Windows Explorer when I click on a folder I get a Network Error dialog "Windows cannot access \\192.xxx.xxx.xxx\foldername"  Error code 0x80070043 The network name cannnot be found.

I have connected directly to the computer and can ping the drive but cannot access it thru Internet Exlporer or Storage Manager.

Does anyone have any ideas how I may go forward from here and at least recover some of the files?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms