Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Datacenter StorageLenovo Iomega Networking Storage
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

08-05-2015

UK

5 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 5

IX2 no working at all

2015-08-05, 8:48 AM

Hi guys/gals,

I recently bought an IX2 from eBay and I can't seem to connect to it.

When I plug it in I have a white power LED and the blue HDD LED but after 10 seconds the white power LED turns to a flashing red LED.

I have tried the following:

• Holding the reset button with the device turned on for 15 seconds
  • Holding the reset button for 20 seconds then whilst holding in the reset button I removed the power cable for 15 seconds and then plugged the power back in whilst holding the reset button for a further 20 seconds

I have downloaded the Lenovo EMC Storage Manager which isn't finding the device. I have tried plugging the device into our network (which resulted in taking down our case management server and our exchange server for some reason - whoops) and also plugging straight into a laptop.

I can hear the HDD spinning and blue HDD LED is flashing so it seems to be reading the drives ok. I also read somwhere that the first time you power it on it could take up to 3 hours to initialise, so I left it for the rest of the day and then over night and still nothing the next day.

The drives inside are 2 Western Digital 3TB WD30EZRX.

I can't seem to find a solution anywhere, HELP!!!!

Thanks

Answer
Options

4 Posts

08-05-2015

UK

5 Signins

32 Page Views

Re: IX2 no working at all

2015-08-06, 10:02 AM

Hi all,

Just to update you we have no managed to solve the problems.

Below is how we did it, hopefully it will help somebody else.

1. Connected the device via ethernet cable to a XP laptop
  2. Enable UPNP Discovery, click Start, Help and Support. In the Help and Support browser, search for UPnP and follow the steps for "Install the UPnP framework".
  3. Installed Antamedia DHCP Server and set up a DHCP scope (after a couple of turn off and on whilst holding in the reset button it didn't pick up an IP - we left it for 10 minutes came back and it had one) I would suggest re-booting the laptop after setting up the DHCP scope just to make sure.
  4. Connected to the device via Internet Explorer 8 (no idea if it will be ok on other versions/browsers)
  5. We thought great it's working! We were soon to find out we were premature in our celebrations!
  6. It wasn't detecting any drives... So we did a full factory reset from the web interface and it is now working!

I hope this helps somebody else having the same issues as me, probably in 4 years time when somebody googles the issue they're having

Replies(4)
Options

1143 Posts

05-07-2015

United States of America

601 Signins

9247 Page Views

• Views: 9247
  • Message 2 of 5

2015-08-05, 19:12 PM

Hello karlrav,

Please see the original post on this thread:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Iomega-Desktop-Network-Storage/Iomega-ix2-200-dont-work/td-p/2128201

Was this a diskless model? If yes, you may need to DiskPart (clean all) the drives:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=diskpart

If this is not a diskless model, and these aren't the original drives, you will need to start a support ticket here:
https://lenovo-na-en.custhelp.com/app/ask/

Options

4 Posts

08-05-2015

UK

5 Signins

32 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2015-08-06, 7:08 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The original thread doesn't have an answer to my problem either.

As stated in my post it did come with two drives in it.

I will raise a support ticket and see what the outcome is

Answer
Options

4 Posts

08-05-2015

UK

5 Signins

32 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2015-08-06, 10:02 AM

Hi all,

Just to update you we have no managed to solve the problems.

Below is how we did it, hopefully it will help somebody else.

1. Connected the device via ethernet cable to a XP laptop
  2. Enable UPNP Discovery, click Start, Help and Support. In the Help and Support browser, search for UPnP and follow the steps for "Install the UPnP framework".
  3. Installed Antamedia DHCP Server and set up a DHCP scope (after a couple of turn off and on whilst holding in the reset button it didn't pick up an IP - we left it for 10 minutes came back and it had one) I would suggest re-booting the laptop after setting up the DHCP scope just to make sure.
  4. Connected to the device via Internet Explorer 8 (no idea if it will be ok on other versions/browsers)
  5. We thought great it's working! We were soon to find out we were premature in our celebrations!
  6. It wasn't detecting any drives... So we did a full factory reset from the web interface and it is now working!

I hope this helps somebody else having the same issues as me, probably in 4 years time when somebody googles the issue they're having

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

06-17-2016

Spain

3 Signins

113 Page Views

• Views: 113
  • Message 5 of 5

2016-06-17, 21:45 PM

Hello karlrav,

I have a StorCenter IX2-ng and it's broken, it don't boot at all (it is my 3rd device), I had previously an IX2 and it's also broken and before of that I had an IX2-200 and as you can guess, it's also broken. And farther than this I know people who have problems with the same devices. [THIS "GADGET" IS UNRELIABLE]. I have to say that Iomega or Lenovo or EMC or whatever name that they would like to have, doesn't know how to make a good device where you can store you backups or your important files. Maybe you have to choose other vendor like Buffalo or Synology or even D-Link.

In summary, iomega an EMC company Storcenter IX2 is not a reliable device.

Regards.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)