PL

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 1

Iomega LDHD compatibility / firmware

2019-12-11, 0:03 AM

Hello everyone,

I've got two iomega LDHD 3,5" HDD enclosures (LDHD-UP2 and LDHD-UPS models). They were factory fitted with 1 TB HDDs each, one with a Samsung, another one with a Hitachi drive. I'm still very pleased with the hardware, but need to upgrade due to bigger space and higher data security needs. I know that the hardware is quite old (9 years already), but it's still working perfectly :)

Awaiting the delivery of my new enclosure in order to secure data from the existing drives, I wanted to copy the contents to the new WD Red 4 TB drive.

I've installed it in the iomega enclosure and to my surprise I was able to see the new drive, but not correctly. On my Windows 10 64-bits it shows only 1 708 GB of capacity :( I can format the drive and literally do anything with it, but only up to this capacity.

I've checked here and there over the internet and it seems that it's some kind of compatibility issue, the older enclosures base on 32-bits hardware and my new drive is 64-bits.

Can someone confirm if at least one of my enclosures will / won't work with the WD Red 4 TB disk, please?

Has iomega developped firmware updates to the enclosures? I know lenovo hasn't...

How to check which single bay enclosures will be able to recognise correctly my new WD 4 TB drive? It was ment only as a temporary solution, so would like not to spent a fortune on it...

If my older enclosures are not compatible with my new drive, shall I assume that my new enclosure will not be able to recognise the older drives?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help ;)

Regards, Raf

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save