Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorian56
Paper Tape
Views: 310
Message 1 of 1

New disk in an old Iomega Storcenter NHDD1M

Hi,

I've recently been assigned the task of making an old "Iomega StorCenter Network Hard Drive Gigabit Ethernet" work.

After a day and a half of various research, I finally decided to ask here for help, since I havn't been able to find any much information regarding this product, the Iomega website currently being in a state of "permanent contagious flu" and the search by serial number giving nothing on the Lenovo website.

For the hardware :

The hard disk is new(ish) and is a 1,5To WD Green, I used it in Linux for a manipulation it said it was ok (see the manipulation below). This drive was first made for 500Go/750Go drives, could this be an issue ?

The Ethernet cable is ok, I already swapped it with the one on my computer, and both cables are doing their job.

I had a doubt regarding the PSU, but it is adequate.

I did try a manipulation, which was being first designed for the "Iomega StorCenter Home Media":

http://iomega.nas-central.org/wiki/Installing_firmware_on_a_new_disk_(Home_Media)

It didn't work, sadly. The disk is running, the Ethernet LED are actives, but the fan isn't spinning and the front led is just blinking blue.

The LenovoEMC Storage Master software can't pick it up, so that and the blinking led make it clear it isn't the good way.

There Is another way, this time designed for the Home Media Cloud Edition but the hardware specs seemed too different for it to work.

So what i'm looking for here, is someone who may have had this problem, and who could help me in some way.

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors